Apartment for Rent :)

accomplished02

Apr 21, 2010
Hello to all,

I am looking for an apartment to rent for a couple of months (2-3) in Santo Domingo (near the US Embassy). I prefer a studio/1 bedroom. My budget is not more than $600/month.

Can someone please provide me with a website, email, or contact # of any places in that area? Also, what is in the area- distance to shopping, grocery stores, ect.

THANKS A MILLION!!!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Dominican Republic Rentals

If you get stuck, send me a PM, I have a few good contacts in Santo Domingo.

Note:
If anyone sends you a PM, let me know, could be spammers.
We banned a few real estate and rental spammers the past few weeks.

accomplished02

Apr 21, 2010
Thank you for your response. Could you please tell me what the area is called? So this could help with my search. Thanks!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The embassy is on the north edge of Gazcue (what's the neighbourhood to the north of Gazcue called? Miraflores?) and the consulate is on the other side of Maximo Gomez Avenue, that area is called La Esperilla.

Cien Fuego

May 14, 2010
Hello to all,

I am looking for an apartment to rent for a couple of months (2-3) in Santo Domingo (near the US Embassy). I prefer a studio/1 bedroom. My budget is not more than $600/month.

Can someone please provide me with a website, email, or contact # of any places in that area? Also, what is in the area- distance to shopping, grocery stores, ect.

THANKS A MILLION!!!

I used to live on 30 de Marzo, one block from Park Independencia and Calle El Conde. It was considered Zona Colonial/Gascue. I paid $500 for a 2 bedroom furnished apartment. I found it here, Clasificados - List?n Diario Digital
I suggest that you stay a week in a hotel in the Gascue area. You can then pick up a fresh copy of the Listin Diario and check the classified section. Or you can walk around the neighborhood and check for places with "Se Aquilar," or Se Renta," and call the number on the sign for an appointment (Best method because you can see the apartment before renting). You will need to practice at saying a few spanish pharses decently and understand a typical response.