Why People are Listing their Real Estate on DR1

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Apart from been exposed to our 10,000+ daily unique visitors here at DR1, you also get to piggy back on our great search engine rankings.

Plus...

When you post a listing in our real estate section, it's also added to a website we use to get great rankings in Yahoo.

http://dominican-republic-realestate.net

See the attached (yahoo.gif) screen shot below using the most popular search phrase
"dominican republic real estate".

Also, you get some other great benefits.

Message Board
You get to respond on the message board when some asks about buying real estate in the location you are selling your property. The message board can be a great source of leads, if you keep on top of whats being posted.

Google
Our real estate section is ranked VERY well in Google.

Screen shot attached (google.gif) I just took while logging in from the USA.

If you didn't know, Google results are different depending on your location.
We might rank in the #4 spot while checking from the USA and the #7 spot if your checking from the DR etc.

Great Pricing
It costs US$0.44c or RD$16 per day to list your property (90 day listing).

Money Back Guarantee
If you're not happy with the results, we will happily refund your money, it's that simple.

Click on the link below to Get Listed!

List Your Property on DR1

If you have any questions about listing your property, let me know.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Thanks for the review.

It takes time to figure out all the nuts and bolts :)

We are working on an easier picture upload and management solution, similar to the one we use at dr1travel. It's basically a copy of the system Facebook, Flickr etc use.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
MLS is not working anymore here in US, foreclosures in your area are the ones that are setting the value of your property. I have seen homes dropping $25,000. Dollars in one week one block away from my property.
I'm very concerned about this as I'm loosing the capital I wired from DR a couple years ago.

JJ

removed quote by banned member, considered advertising

Last edited by a moderator:

Michal 55

Jul 21, 2011
Because it help people to summarize their detail and know how their price is rise and down . Some real estate agencies make all over the country DR . It give more detailed all over the country real estate price and many more other information.

JaraChica

Nov 9, 2011
www.squidoo.com
I moved to the DR a year ago and honestly its the best decision I've made! I feel like the quality of our lifestyle has drastically improved, impart because housing is so inexpensive down here! I could never afford to live in a house this nice in New York! I am thinking about buying a house here so I'll be checking out the listings posted!

kfrancis

Jan 8, 2002
rockharddesigns.com
Robert,

I am thinking of listing my property in San Raphael on DR1...Is this form from 2010 still how I should do it ?

If so, on the part about entering your email address and password, just how secure is this ?

kfrancis

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
MLS is not working anymore here in US, foreclosures in your area are the ones that are setting the value of your property. I have seen homes dropping $25,000. Dollars in one week one block away from my property.
I'm very concerned about this as I'm loosing the capital I wired from DR a couple years ago.

JJ

removed quote by banned member, considered advertising
Different story today, market is crazy. I have seen houses sold100k above list price in my area.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
In the DR? I'm not sure I really understand your post because I don't know if your reference is US, DR or both.
But to support one of your statements the Case-Shiller Index came out a few days ago and reported a close to 14% increase in home pricing (in the US for the latest one year period) the highest percentage of increase since 1988.

Perhaps other members here on board would have information concerning the subject matter re the DR?

• Haha
Reactions: Tamborista

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
In the DR? I'm not sure I really understand your post because I don't know if your reference is US, DR or both.
But to support one of your statements the Case-Shiller Index came out a few days ago and reported a close to 14% increase in home pricing (in the US for the latest one year period) the highest percentage of increase since 1988.

Perhaps other members here on board would have information concerning the subject matter re the DR?

Bachata is quoting himself from 2011, but that is OK!

Where can I find the Case Shiller data you speak of for the DR?
I would love actual data for home sales in DR.

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
June ‘21: US housing appreciation continues to climb unabated since recovery began in 2013/2014, some home owners have a ton of equity, many can shop for a vacay home in the DR now (before the next downturn, whenever that is)

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The 1.763 square foot house I purchased in Fremont, CA on a 60 foot by 80 foot piece of land 28 years ago for $299.000 is now valued at over $1.5 Million.
Four houses recently sold in my development in Cabarete to buyers from Canada just viewing them over the Internet and paying cash.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
We recently sold the beach front condo we purchased 10 years ago. We did not use a so called "realtor" as there are no rules of any kind that govern them in the DR. The price we accepted was the exact same amount in USD that we paid. Fortunately when we paid for it the CDN dollar was higher than the USD so we did OK.

We lived in a beach front condo for 10 years and it basically cost us a bit of maintenance and the typical condo fees everyone pays here. Several would argue that, that amount of money, invested would do much better, but I don't have a crystal ball that would support or deny that.

Other than the purchasers, us and who we choose to tell no one will know the price as there is no such thing as a real estate board, MLS, or reliable government agency that records real estate transactions. There are amounts given to the tax office but that's up to the purchaser to share and I doubt anyone gives the real amount.

I don't think that there will be actual factual data regarding real estate in the DR anytime soon so good luck with determining a buying or selling price that you think is fair.