Famous persons in Casa de Campo

captcrunch

Apr 18, 2010
I have seen or met Michael Jackson, presidents Bush and Clinton, Sammy Sosa, Julio E, and a few other not so well known celeberties.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Several More

Who knows more names?

News Update March 24:
The National District Office of the Prosecutor on Tuesday afternoon seized a villa, a yacht and a luxury apartment allegedly owned by Arturo del Tiempo Marques, being held in his native Spain on charges of trafficking 1,200 kilos of cocaine shipped from Dominican Republic.
The villa and the yacht were seized in Casa de Campo, La Romana (east), where del Tiempo Marques also has real estate properties (...).

News Update March 25:
Assistant prosecutor Frank Soto (...) denied that a villa in Casa de Campo, La Romana (east) has been seized in connection with the del Tiempo case, and clarified that the house (...) isn’t the Spaniard’s property but just rented it.

donP

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
If you ever stay at Casa de Campo you will find it boring as hell.
The fake little chocolate box town they built was deserted, the Marina had boats but no people. Really eerie.
I had to hightail it to La Romana to find a cold beer and some fun.
That was a few years back - I hope things have changed - maybe they built a colmado now?;)

While I was there apparently the Clintons were there with the Mexican President - who I guess was famous in Mexico?
So there were far too many goons with guns for comfort.

Not a good atmosphere but people are obsessed with the place.
Never did understand why.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
nice little beach and several good golf courses. The liitle village at the Marina is cute but when we were there in 2004 it was pretty quiet also. Golf pro told me many Puerto Ricans own villas there.

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
nice little beach and several good golf courses. The liitle village at the Marina is cute but when we were there in 2004 it was pretty quiet also. Golf pro told me many Puerto Ricans own villas there.

The food is good at Pepperoni and Limoncello though

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
i thought shakira bought property in samana
nadal bought property near la romana ....is that any help

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Most of the big shots.... de la renta, eglesias, barishnikov have left to make their mark on another resort.

I think the Fanjul family is still there... I believe it was their land originally.
Although they spend moretime in Florida