usa visa

dalila05

Bronze
Aug 9, 2008
republicadominicana.bbactif.com
hi
im thinking taking my dominican husband to new york this summer and obviously he will need a visa.
and im wondering what are our chance to get it?
im french and we living in england,he's got a 5 year residency permit here and he's got a steady job since he arrived,17 month ago.
years ago my mother who is living in france but with an algerian passport did get one so easily at the usa consulate in france but i guess being older was an advantage.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
And keep in mind that the fewer ties he has to the US, the more likely there will be a yes answer. Family of his in the US would be a big negative in his getting a visa.

Good to know as my mother is thinking to try one more time in order to come to visit me here in US.
When she saw my video "Y donde esta el colmado" on youtube she said I would like to have the opportunity to see that on person before to die.

YouTube - Y donde esta el colmado?

JJ

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
I got it!!! she don't have a chance.

JJ

She has zero chance if she gives up on the basis of information received here. I've seen many instances of Dominicans getting visas to visit their relatives in the US.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
hi
im thinking taking my dominican husband to new york this summer and obviously he will need a visa.
and im wondering what are our chance to get it?
im french and we living in england,he's got a 5 year residency permit here and he's got a steady job since he arrived,17 month ago.
years ago my mother who is living in france but with an algerian passport did get one so easily at the usa consulate in france but i guess being older was an advantage.

go for it, seems like every on has missed the part about him having 5 year residency permit in the UK
He has every reason to go back there, and I assume your talking about applying for the Visa from the consulate in England correct?

dalila05

Bronze
Aug 9, 2008
republicadominicana.bbactif.com
hello
my husband got his appointment this wednesday,i must be dumb as can find on the website the list of the documents needed.
i will bring payslips,his passport and mine,wedding certificate,bank statement(does he need to have a lot of money for a 5 day trip?),im wondering if i need to bring more documents?
any advice from someone who went throught the same(specially a dominican citizen )will be very welcomed.

if we dont get it, it's not gonna be a big deal but it will be lovely to go to new york

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
WOW, unbelievable! Sorry to hear that!

US visa are just like the lottery sometimes :(