Proof of Address

Norteman

Dec 15, 2008
Does anyone have any ideas of how to obtain a proof of address paper when you have not completed your residency.

I need this to open a out of country bank account and i am a renter with none of the utility bills in my name.

In other countries they had a service performed by the policia where they produce a document with their seal and /or badge number which acts as a certfying proof you reside at a certain apartment. Does this exist here?

Norteman

Dec 15, 2008
Both are good tries, but no luck.

Lease has expired and now just a word of mouth month to month contract.

Cell phone--cant ever get an invoice no matter what i try

Cable is included, and not in my name.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
If I was a bank and somebody wanted to open account I would be worried if said person had absolutely no way of proving where they lived!

Maybe the rules about opening a bank account are designed for this situation?

Interestingly I am in the same situation - my situation was supposed to be temporary.
But if I needed proof I would go to my landlord and have him write a document stating that I did indeed live where I claim - then have it notarised locally for 500 pesos.

Last edited:

el forastero

Bronze
Oct 25, 2009
Surely you have your rent receipts, listing your name and the address of the property you are renting. Get the last 3 months of receipts, get them notarized by an attorney, and send them to the bank for proof of address.

The property owner may balk if they think it's for a Dominican bank and they aren't paying taxes on their rental income, but just explain to the landlord it is for a foreign bank. Also explain to the bank that you are renting month to month.

You could also go to the local area police station and ask for a Certificate of Good Conduct which lists your passport number and local address, and submit that with your rent receipts.