Pucmm student moving to florida for law school

offtolawschool

May 3, 2010
I am a study abroad student at PUCMM and am about to move to Florida for law school. I have a few things here that I would like to sell to help cover my travel expenses and rent in the USA. I need to get rid of this stuff this week so I'm dropping the prices to the minimum. If anyone is interested, you can PM or email me to get in touch so you can come pick it up (I live near PUCMM in Santiago). I hope this post isn't breaking any forum rules...

1) 2009 Apple MacBook, includes all Microsoft programs, all cables, really nice case, headphones, etc. perfect condition. bought one year ago for 50,000 pesos new. selling for 29,000 pesos all included.

2) brand new wood and steel work desk. bought for 2,500 pesos. selling for 1,500.

3) brand new comfortable office chair. bought for 1,500 pesos. selling for 1,000 pesos.

4) New phone. Centronics brand. bought for 1,000 pesos. selling for 500 pesos.

5) claro 3g stick. negotiable.

6) i also have lots of random stuff ranging from books, dvds, cds, baseball glove, watch, 2005 ipod mini 2g, etc that i'm willing to sell.

all of this has to go by friday. thanks!

xtoclark

Jul 9, 2008
Just saw this, I know you said by last Friday but going to ask anyways, is it too late?

offtolawschool

May 3, 2010
there is still time!

i wanted to try and have it all sold by last friday so i could focus on the rest of the moving process but i will be here until early june. if there is anything you are interested in or want to see, just let me know. i'll be glad to have you come by or i can email photos and more information.

also, we have a refridgerator, stove and a large gas tank for the stove. all for sale, as well.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
i wanted to try and have it all sold by last friday so i could focus on the rest of the moving process but i will be here until early june. if there is anything you are interested in or want to see, just let me know. i'll be glad to have you come by or i can email photos and more information.

also, we have a refridgerator, stove and a large gas tank for the stove. all for sale, as well.

what do you have left. pm me are you in santiago?

offtolawschool

May 3, 2010
Info

i still have everything... a bunch of my dominican friends have claimed some of the stuff im selling but they dont have the money... so its all still up for grabs!

i will PM anyone interested with my email, cell number and location.

i am in santiago, next to pucmm. (reparto imperial).

offtolawschool

May 3, 2010
the stove is just 2,000 pesos. its in perfect condition and the stores charge 5,000 or more for the same model.

we have a large gas tank that we connect to the stove. we can sell the tank for 3,000 pesos. seems expensive but trust me, the stores charge about 7,000 pesos for a tank half the size. ridiculous.

offtolawschool

May 3, 2010
oh and sorry, dont have a dishwasher. although its probably cheaper to higher someone to wash the dishes than buy the machine itself!

?

? bient?t

By the way, good luck with Law School, and don't forget to read Scott Turow's One L and/or Fischl and Paul's Getting to Maybe before you start.

1L: they scare you to death
2L: they work you to death
3L: they bore you to death

offtolawschool

May 3, 2010
yikes. at least im one step ahead! ...im already scared to death by all of the negative info about law school, the tuition and the dead job market.

no easy answers right now. guess i better get used to it.

i will check out the books you mentioned. thanks for the advice!

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
yikes. at least im one step ahead! ...im already scared to death by all of the negative info about law school, the tuition and the dead job market.

no easy answers right now. guess i better get used to it.

nah, ignore it. the average dr1 poster isn't on your level.

go do what you're excited about and you'll do great. just make sure you're really enjoying it.

?

? bient?t

nah, ignore it. the average dr1 poster isn't on your level.

go do what you're excited about and you'll do great. just make sure you're really enjoying it.

I don't know about the "on your level" comment, but I recommend another book: Law School Confidential.

offtolawschool

May 3, 2010
Adrian, thanks for the encouragement! You hit the nail on the head about the importance of being excited and enjoying the challenge. I'll remember that.

A Bientot, thanks for the book recs. I will check them out.

It's going to be strange going from a country where men ride around on mopeds with a shotgun in one hand and their sleeping baby in the other to law school where the proper punishment for jaywalking could be debated.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Adrian, thanks for the encouragement! You hit the nail on the head about the importance of being excited and enjoying the challenge. I'll remember that.

A Bientot, thanks for the book recs. I will check them out.

It's going to be strange going from a country where men ride around on mopeds with a shotgun in one hand and their sleeping baby in the other to law school where the proper punishment for jaywalking could be debated.

Where in florida are you going? I am not familiar with the area. Mopeds, shotguns and babys? :p:p:laugh::laugh:

offtolawschool

May 3, 2010
miami. ive never lived there before either. but then again, i didnt know anything about the DR when i got here either. one adventure to another! only way to live. i'll be back here for vacation no doubt. and ive always said i would love to have a chill mountain house somewhere outside of jarabacoa when i retire.

btw, anyone at all interested in the laptop? its a nice 2009 apple macbook but i need a dell or ibm for school. just thought i'd check :)

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
Do you have a refrigerator or a bed frame (don't need the mattress) and is the gas tank sold ? You well have fun in Miami I mess it, from DR to Cuba you well be fine study hard and go to lots of Canes football games.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Nova Southeastern in Miami Gardens. I could swear this used to be a cooking school. But Ok, best passing rate.

U o Miami in Coral Gables, expensive but the best bet. It was like $35K/year when I lived in Miami.

FIU website says: The Florida International University College of Law has consistently ranked 1st in the state of Florida with the state's highest bar-passing rates (2005, 2007, and 2009), and 1st in Florida in the Multistate Professional Responsibility Exam at 96% in 2007.

Almost all schools in Florida suck but if you re a resident you get in state tuition and if you have limited english skills, South Florida is a good place to be.

So this lawyer thing is something you want to do in the US or Canada? There is already a glut and with many companies "bankruptc-izing" dont expect to be on easy street 4 years later, unless you plan on helping poor people or some government schill in the "War on Terror".

?

? bient?t

Nova Southeastern in Miami Gardens. I could swear this used to be a cooking school. But Ok, best passing rate.

U o Miami in Coral Gables, expensive but the best bet. It was like $35K/year when I lived in Miami.

FIU website says: The Florida International University College of Law has consistently ranked 1st in the state of Florida with the state's highest bar-passing rates (2005, 2007, and 2009), and 1st in Florida in the Multistate Professional Responsibility Exam at 96% in 2007.

Almost all schools in Florida suck but if you re a resident you get in state tuition and if you have limited english skills, South Florida is a good place to be.

Both Nova and UofM are private schools, where state residency does not matter as far as tuition.

offtolawschool, is the laptop a MacBook Pro? If so, send me a PM.