Hope For Children International

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Peter Olivo is a Dominican American who lives in Florida - he lost both legs fighting in Vietnam in 1969. A trip back there in 2005 changed his life, and today he operates Hope For Children International. Peter is a remarkable man who has taken the lemons life served him and made gallons of lemonade.

I received this message from him today: "Well my friends, my next trip will take me to the Dominican Republic and Haiti, this will take place on May14 so please find it in your hearts to help those Children who have nothing, please visit my site at Hope For Children International and make a donation of any amount. Next trip will take place in September to Vietnam and then Honduras".

Take a moment to visit the website, see the photos, and if you can, please make a contribution.

Hope For Children International

AE

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
WOW! I've just had a look through the website, what a guy! Thanks for sharing this!
It would be quite speacial to meet and support Peter during his visit!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Yes BlackDog, he's quite amazing and very inspiring. And a very proud Dominican. I've asked him where he'll be in DR, will let you know.

AE

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Peter is my wife's cousin and lives in Orlando.

We work with his organization and another of their cousin's, George Olivo, organization.

We went to haiti with George. We will return with Peter. He should be in the DR mid-August.

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
AlterEgo,Cobraboy, do you think that Peter would be interested in visiting the Haitian kids that are here in Santo Domingo? I work with a group of 24 that got injured in the quake and are here for recovery, 6 of them with amputations; maybe it could be a good motivation for them to meet Peter.