a tale of two lawnmowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
Well actually one lawnmower and two repair shops

the first one I took it to was run by europeans in central sosua- he changed the oil and got the thing working again but said the engine was broken and it would probably break down soon as I had run it without oil for a long time(yeah right), he started it and it sounded rough, I took it home and it wouldnt start - so couldnt take it back as he had said it may break down soon - RD 600 lighter

2nd lawnmower repair man was in sosua abajo on the main road just past the turn where the strange traffic light is - It didnt look hopeful from the outside but they found that some part was broken and replaced it and cleaned it up.It now runs better than ever and actually cuts the grass instead of wafting it about.
He was very pleasant and helpful, but if his two sons are there on their own its avisable to know more spanish than I do lol - cost was rd 300 for part plus rd 300 for labour which seemed reasonable to me

So the moral is that I should have taken it to a Dominican owned shop in the first place as they know everything about keeping "old things" going longer lol

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I took mine to the local moto repair shop.... genious "mechanico"... mower has never run better
I didn't let him tune the exhaust :))

The man who cuts the lawn broke 2 wheels off in less than a year.. unheard of, heretofore.
Trip to Sears USA for steel wheels.... heavy, but unbreakable

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Keep Drawing

As you have drawn nothing more than an erroneous conclusion. Julio the lawnmower man in Sosua Abajo will do the same to you repeatedly if you let him. His boyz are in training. He'll make you think he is keeping your 'old thing' going longer, but he is a chemist using the likes of you as a common ingredient. Just a heads up.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
a chemist ? I will let you know how long my lawnmower lasts .
It seems good at the moment - anyway I was pleased since the other man said it was a right off

Status
Not open for further replies.