Still thinking about Cabarete..

Status
Not open for further replies.

FRANK E.

May 12, 2010
Thanks to all who responded to my post about moving to Cabarete. Renting vs. buying is good advice and I will give that some consideration. In the mean times, can some of you give me some names of good complexes to look at when I come back in August. We would like to be centrally located in reference to grocery stores and other shopping and walking distance to beach. We would like to try living without a vehicle for a while. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also, would love to meet up with some ex-pats from the US for a beer and conversation.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Thanks to all who responded to my post about moving to Cabarete. Renting vs. buying is good advice and I will give that some consideration. In the mean times, can some of you give me some names of good complexes to look at when I come back in August. We would like to be centrally located in reference to grocery stores and other shopping and walking distance to beach. We would like to try living without a vehicle for a while. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also, would love to meet up with some ex-pats from the US for a beer and conversation.

Why only ex-pats from the US - what is wrong with the rest of us ;)

FRANK E.

May 12, 2010
Thanks to all who responded to my post about moving to Cabarete. Renting vs. buying is good advice and I will give that some consideration. In the mean times, can some of you give me some names of good complexes to look at when I come back in August. We would like to be centrally located in reference to grocery stores and other shopping and walking distance to beach. We would like to try living without a vehicle for a while. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also, would love to meet up with some ex-pats for a beer and conversation.
. Sorry, didn't mean to offend anyone

CanWest66

May 11, 2008
Canada
I have a nice place in ProCab that is a 7 to 10 minute walk to all amenities; Janets supermercado, the beach restaurants etc.
I have an ad in the dr1 rentals section. You can send me a PM if you would like more details.

Happy hunting

Reactions: mike l
May 24, 2009
www.swellsurfcamp.com
Ocean Dream and Ocean One are more expensive than some other choices in Cabarete but their location, facilities and security make them worth imho - (we live in Ocean One). Harmony is also an option which is between the two and I've always been fond of Palm Beach Condos right in the center of town. Cabarete Palace seems to have a lot of empty units too. Velero is a great place for a few days.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
I think that, in order to yourself to develop a better real life feel, you ought to try to stay in the type of developments which you feel you could afford buying into some day.
I would also suggest that, unless you have extensive knowledge of the country and specific target region, 4 days will only set you into "vacation"-mode and not be long enough to develop a "resident's" feel.
But well, it's a start. Maybe enough time for you to find a more real life place to rent for a longer period next time?

... J-D.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Wow $1,200 for a 2 bedroom apt. ok its close to the beach and has nice additions but isn't that pricy for the DR?

FRANK E.

May 12, 2010
So I'm getting ready to book my August trip and was wondering if anybody had some feed back on " Kite Beach Hotel and Condos". I found a package deal with a good price.
Frank E.

May 24, 2009
www.swellsurfcamp.com
So I'm getting ready to book my August trip and was wondering if anybody had some feed back on " Kite Beach Hotel and Condos". I found a package deal with a good price.
Frank E.

They are fine, but located at Kite Beach, which is some way out of town (around 4km). The bonus is that they are ocean front and you would enjoy watching the kite surfers during the day. You will however need transportation from there though to and from any shops and the town.

FRANK E.

May 12, 2010
So one more question! I'd like to stay close to the center of Cabarete, but not interested in an all inclusive resort. Can you name a few reasonable, nice places?

bellakins

May 31, 2008
Good answers

Listen to the good answers already given. For a four day trip, spend it at a nice place such as Velero, Ocean One or Ocean Dream. All have good pools,
good security and are next to town. Velero has a beautiful restaurant & bar.
Villa Taina and Palm Beach condos are right by the beach (as is Velero) but
the pools are smaller. Kite beach is nice but too far out of town. For just a few days, I'd choose Velero.

RG84

Bronze
May 21, 2010
I used this site for my first stay in Cabarete:
Cabarete - Dominican Republic - by Active Cabarete

I stayed at the Royal Residence. Not in the center but a 5 min walk to the center. What I liked about this place was the location, next too a small market, and a pharmacy not to far away. Off street parking if you are renting a car.
Also to get into the complex you had to use your thumbprint (really kinda cool)

My Unit was nice, clean and I could get an Internet connection. Nice big pool and a few expats live there.

Status
Not open for further replies.