dreams punta cana

tosharp2004

May 18, 2010
hi can anyone give me info on the dreams resort i'm scheduled to stay there the first weeks of september
thanks

CanuckGal

May 19, 2010
This is one of our favourite resorts to visit. It is probably due for some updating of the rooms. The people are fantastic and we have never had any issues with the food. It is a bit farther from the airport but loved it. You can still walk quite aways down the beach (to the left of the resort). No wrist bands are required. Make sure to touch base with the concierge prior to your arrival - in case you are going for a special occasion.

USKK

May 14, 2010
This is one of our favourite resorts to visit. It is probably due for some updating of the rooms. The people are fantastic and we have never had any issues with the food. It is a bit farther from the airport but loved it. You can still walk quite aways down the beach (to the left of the resort). No wrist bands are required. Make sure to touch base with the concierge prior to your arrival - in case you are going for a special occasion.

Yea....stay away from the dancers!

USKK

May 14, 2010
Also, the resort is so large, no matter where your room is there's a lot of walking around. The restaurants aren't that great(or open) and because you are further away from the airport, it seems the water(ocean) isn't as clear. It wasn't until we went to Saona Isalnd, that we really appreciated the caribbean blue! I think it's cutting into their rainy season, so it mucks up the water in areas not as isolated.

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
There are two Dreams resorts in Punta Cana/Bavaro..

Dreams Punta Cana, located in Uvero Alto quite a ride from the airport and yes the sea can be a bit rough. Execellent hotel though, great for kids, lots of shows and activities but in the middle of no where. Beds also VERY hard!

Dreams Palm Beach, Located in Cabeza del Toro. Havent stayed but nearer the action and you can leave resort and do a bit of shopping or go to the local bars. 15 taxi ride to all the major clubs in Bavaro.

But the best news is that "The Circus of Dreams" Show is at both hotels!! ;)