Internet in Bani

BigLongBeach

Feb 8, 2010
I found some really old posts about Bani on here. I'm hoping to get a little more info. From the sounds of it its a quiet little sleepy town/city

How is the infrastructure. is it easy to get internet there? is it expensive? I want to buy my cousin a computer and want to know if its feasible for him to get a internet connection easily

BigLongBeach

Feb 8, 2010
More info

OK how about stuff like

Hotels - which are the best hotels to stay in
Car rentals - are there rental places in Bani
Roads - are they well maintained (should i get the extra car insurance for a rental)
Safety - are there buscones on the streets always trying to hustle like sosua? is there a positive police presence?

My cousin tells me that there are people on the street and things to do at night. From a tourist point of view is there things to do? I'm not looking for a Sosua experience, or busy santo domingo. Just a couple of nice things to do w/my fam and friends. (im in my late 20s)

like i said all the posts i found on Bani are from around 2006 and as the people move out of the capital i'm assuming cities like Bani have also changed

Jo@nna

Apr 11, 2009
Regarding info on the interest your cousin can get a plan with Codetel, not to sure what are the prices.

About nite life it can be family orientated not so crazy like Santo Domingo. Roads are very good, don’t have info on car rentals or hotels.

Nice movie theaters and lots of nice places to spend the day at a pool.

Enjoy!!!!!

dominicanpapi

Dec 9, 2003
Hotels there is one coming from azua right when you get to Bani right before the gas station on the left. its called hotel rozan ruiz and its descent. It only costs like 800 pesos. Theres another one called hotel caribani and its right in front of the park in the center of town. I have not been to this one so cant comment on how it is.

car rents, there are a few. I have used matanzas rent a car before. they are ok but theyre cars are not in good shape. you are better off renting a car in Santo Domingo.

The roads in bani are not pretty good actually.

I would say that Bani is a safe city. there are no buscones in bani because this city is not a tourist destination.

I was born in Bani and i like it a lot. I go there at least 2 times a year.

From friday to monday there are many different events going and places to go to. on fridays theres a nice colmadon called la fama that gets packed with descent people. on saturdays is demarcos and on sundays the place to be is el leon rojo. On mondays theres a pool that gets packed.

dominicanpapi

Dec 9, 2003
also let me add that the best pool in bani Is villa jesuana. This place looks very nice and they sell very good food. This place looks almost like a resort and theyre pool is very big and very clean.

Jo@nna

Apr 11, 2009
also let me add that the best pool in bani Is villa jesuana. This place looks very nice and they sell very good food. This place looks almost like a resort and theyre pool is very big and very clean.

I agree also this place is very nice....

BigLongBeach

Feb 8, 2010
thank you

Thanks everyone for the posts and heads up. My cousin actually ended up moving back w/his parents in san cristobal but i have another friend i want to visit in Bani so this info is very helpful.

Thank you again

BigLongBeach

Feb 8, 2010
I just returned from DR

I will put a little more info later but i just got back. I spent a day in Bani and i was pleasantly surprised. It's pretty quiet but i didnt mind that because i was trying to lay low.

locop3000

Mar 8, 2012
Bani is on the way up

I went to Bani a few months ago and I have to say that Bani is one of the cleanest towns in the island, also from what I saw I can say that Bani is the most advanced city in the south not including San Cristobal, because I went to Barahona, San Juan de la Maguana, Pedernales, etc.. and the only one that comes a little close is San Juan and that is because San Juan has a gorgeous entrance to the city and a beautiful university UASD, but overall as a city and the smaller communities Bani is the most complete one in the south from what I saw, and I saw alot of new constructions all over the place in Bani and I cant say the same for the rest of the cities in the south.

abretusojos10

Dec 2, 2007
Bani is known for being the cleanest town in the Island.
It's a great place to lay low and just relax. You can also party hard! It's up to you theres different options.

Theres Hotel Salinas which is pretty far from the Center but if you do want to get away it is beautiful right on the beach.

abretusojos10

Dec 2, 2007
For Semana Santa Hotel Salinas is where EVERY Banilejo goes.

SEMANASANTABANI.COM

13803%20ss2012_900x200%20copy.jpg

locop3000

Mar 8, 2012
I agree about with you about Bani being a place to lay low but you can also party hard too, Bani reminds me of a city from the North region because is very advanced considering is in the the south were there isnt much to do. Is really amazing how advanced Bani is, and like I said is a really fast growing city because I see alot of development there and if they ever start the construction of the proyect of Los Corbanitos that will be a huge boom to that area.:classic: