143 jobs are needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
143? More like over 2000 in this year alone.
And why shouldn't they be sent back to the DR? It costs more to keep them in jail in the US than most working Americans make in one year. Add to that the costs of caring for the inmates family while they are in jail. This reply goes for any immigrant in a US jail.
In reverse, the DR should send home the US prisioners in their jails.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Anyways, I have to confess that I have no real knowledge about what happens to these goons once they arrive here (?).
I would tend to believe that "technically" their "debt to society" has been "paid" off, at least in the country they are deported from.

Are they just released into the island once they have been received and registered (I do seem to remember reading that they do get registered by the PN)? Or do they face further legal issues?

I must say, while I don't screen the local news in depth much, I can not recall having learned of any crimes being blamed on these felons (?).

... J-D.

Mar 2, 2008
JD,

I haven't read about many criminals being apprehended, period, but that only indicates the level of professionalism of the national police, and not much else.

My guess is, given the specific job skills inherent in this particula population, they have few options except for following the same career track they followed in the US and Canada.

But since there are no viable statistics regarding the results of repatriation, I have no idea whether these individuals become gainfully employed or not. It would be nice to know, but I doubt we'll ever get a clear picture of what becomes of these re-patriots.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
JD,

I haven't read about many criminals being apprehended, period, but that only indicates the level of professionalism of the national police, and not much else.

My guess is, given the specific job skills inherent in this particula population, they have few options except for following the same career track they followed in the US and Canada.

But since there are no viable statistics regarding the results of repatriation, I have no idea whether these individuals become gainfully employed or not. It would be nice to know, but I doubt we'll ever get a clear picture of what becomes of these re-patriots.

Check the Call Centers as thats where most of them wind up. Then people from the US are stupid enough to give them their social security numbers and later the primo in nueba yol has them.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Check the Call Centers as thats where most of them wind up. Then people from the US are stupid enough to give them their social security numbers and later the primo in nueba yol has them.

Well, I'd rather see them sit tight in a call center than being what... tossed around on the street until somebody offers them a "job" they'd be more "qualified" to "take care of"?

Is the idea of a jail release not exactly the hope that the particular individuals find their ways back into "society" as a productive, law abiding member?

I mean, that would be like "whoaw"... SUCCESS!

But YES, I understand Bienamor's worries about the Social Security number link brought up!
Would be nice that off-shore call centers were not allowed to handle critical ID's at all. It doesn't take ex-cons and felons for that information to "leak" out into the wrong hands.

... J-D.

Status
Not open for further replies.