best site to buy flight to uk

dandudette

May 10, 2007
hey,
my fiance is coming over to the uk.. just wondering if you guys had any suggestions on the best site to get a good deal on a flight to the uk..
thankss!!!
Dani ;)

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
Tell him to go to the Thomson office in Puerto Plata. US$550 but it's about the only way to get a diraect flight from here.
Oh, that depends where he lives here of course!

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
One way, you cannot by a direct return flight from here with possibly the exception of BA Punta Cana to Gatwick. Where does your fiance live?

dandudette

May 10, 2007
ok.. he lives in santo domingo.. so it doesnt matter where he flys from.. just trying to find the cheaest wa to get a flight! he is coming for a vacation befor i move out there.. thanks for your help all is appreciatedd!! :)

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
I just checked out BA's site, Punta Cana to Gatwick, US$1100 one way WOW! Get a ticket on Thomsons or First Choice for half that, but he will probably need to book it from this end.
Good luck!!!!

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Then, without wishing to demean Black Dog's advice, I think it is highly unlikely that he will be permitted to fly via a charter airline to the UK.

I have a female Dominican friend who flew to London via Spain a while ago and she had no choice but to fly out of Santo Domingo. If you would like me to ask her how she booked her flight I will happily do so, just let me know.

Last edited:

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
Then, without wishing to demean Black Dog's advice, I think it is highly unlikely that he will be permitted to fly via a charter airline to the UK.

Ah, you may have a point there WB! I have a very good contact in Thomson's office so I'll see if I can get an answer!

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
Hi everyone,

I remember back to when friends had to get their Dominican partners' flights to the UK and they weren't allowed to buy flight tickets on sale in the POP offices. They had to travel via the USA. Once in the UK however, they are allowed to travel back and forth on UK flights, bought here obviously. Complicated, but worth it I hope!

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
Hi everyone,

I remember back to when friends had to get their Dominican partners' flights to the UK and they weren't allowed to buy flight tickets on sale in the POP offices. They had to travel via the USA. Once in the UK however, they are allowed to travel back and forth on UK flights, bought here obviously. Complicated, but worth it I hope!

Sorry rio, where is here? the UK?

dandudette

May 10, 2007
thanks guys.. yeah he has visa just need a flightt
if u could ask your friend WB tht would be great.. and if u could ask your contact black dog.. thanks soo much guys x

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
Gosh we're a bloody helpful lot!
If you're not careful it could restore faith in human nature! LOL

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Gosh we're a bloody helpful lot!
If you're not careful it could restore faith in human nature! LOL

Nah! Don't get that excited!!

I have emailed my friend to ask her for details of how she booked her flights to UK and will post when she replies.