Nelly Rent a Car

Status
Not open for further replies.

hahm74

May 7, 2007
I'm planning on renting an SUV for our upcoming trip to the DR. I'm looking at renting it from Nelly. It's the local provider for ACE Rent a Car. I've had one report that Nelly is a reputable company. Just wondering if anyone can confirm that? Will I have a hard time if I don't speak Spanish, or will someone at Nelly be able to speak English?

baby bori

May 18, 2010
I'm looking to rent a vehicule preferably a honda crv or small suv for $45-$50 dollars a day in santiago without having to get my credit card initially charged for insurance/collision coverage. I just want to pay a straight out rate from a car rental agency in santiago. By the way a word of advice stay away from kendrick rent a car they are located at avenido hispanoamericano in santiago very little professionalism. The office doesn't have a computer nor printer nor fax machine no credit card accepting machine. Their vehicules tend to be defected and they are shady and schemers bad customer service.

baby bori

May 18, 2010
In Kendrick's rent a car in avenida hispanoamericano in santiago they don't even have nobody who speaks semi-fluent english nor french nor german,etc. My vehicule had problems with the dashboard and I called the business kept on ringing and then called the general manager on his cellphone and he never got back to me to give me another like he promised he would if anything was malfunctioning about the one I rented. It was a lousy experience darn I could not even see the speedometer and fuel tank lights in the dashboard at night.

viajar

Feb 19, 2009
Perhaps three years ago I rented from Nelly regularly at Santiago and Santo Domingo. After a few rentals the credit card statement started showing debits then reversals, sometimes 10 to 20 every time I rented. In the end everything was correct but it didn't inspire confidence. Then I rented at Puerto Plata and lo and behold someone got the credit card number. I only used it twice that trip Nelly and the all inclusive hotel in Samana. No financial loss but a pain in the "". Since then I have rented at National and Budget with no problems but National is my preferred.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Been renting cars from Budget for six winters. Never a problem, the vehicles are in excellent shape and they are accessible 24 hours a day for emergencies. Important points. Pay for the CDW or make sure your credit card covers it. You have to use you credit card to get the CDW coverage. Get the extra third party liability insurance. About $13 a day. It covers you if you hit a Dominican. I never rent without it. If you hit someone, your not getting out of the country till you cover all the costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.