Lets Start a Genealogy Date Base In Santiago

Yefri809

May 28, 2010
I never knew my grandfather. He died long before I was born but I always felt a connection to him through his children and other kin. By the time I reached young adulthood, I was recounting the stories about him myself and slowly realized that I'd become a dedicated keeper of his mythology. But I wasn't satisfied with what I'd been told. I wanted to know more. I wanted to know who he really was, where he came from, who his folks were. He was a mystery to me and, in some way, the mystery of my grandfather represented a missing part of myself. I wanted to be whole and that's why I became interested in genealogy.I was also wondering if there's anybody in Santiago has any experience on how to get information, like my grandfather birth certificate or death certificate.i really don't know much about my aunt sister and i really want to go on the quest to find out.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Edwin Espinal is the well known genealogist inthe country. Google him and write to him and I am sure you will get some answers.

HB

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I was born and raised in Santiago, live there most of my life. Santiago was a small town thirty years ago, the population's boom came with the "Zonas Francas" American factories in search of cheaper force labor that generated a massive migration from "La Linea noroeste" and other regions of the country.
I know plenty of folks over there, maybe I can help you.

Just send me a PM if interested.

JJ

Norma Rosa

Bronze
Feb 20, 2007
As you were told on post #4, the Mormon Church is a good source. I also suggest you go to the Catholic Church in Santiago to look for records of his baptism, etc. I was able to get lots of records from Santiago few years ago. (I also do genealogy.) They charge you about 25 cents per copy.

FamilySearch.org - Family History and Genealogy Records

I also work from time to time with the Mormon Church extracting names from their records.

Could you give me your grandfather's last name?