European applying for US visitor visa in SD

Latibbean

Mar 19, 2009
Hi there,

I have a European passport but because it's not a recent one the visa waiwer doesn't apply.

I have been staying in Santo Domingo since July last year. I will be returning to my job in UK next year (my contract with the employer is still valid). I do not have residency here.

I want to travel to the US this summer and I was wondering how easy/difficult would it be to apply for my US visa from here considering my situation above.

Also, how log does the process take from making an appointment to getting the visa?

Thanks a lot for your feedback!

Pav

JC171

Oct 20, 2002
Hey Pav,
while its perfectly acceptable to apply for a US Visa in SD as a European is highly unrecommended since the US embassy always suggest you apply in your home country and simply because you have a european passport doesnt exclude you from having to prove you wont overstay in the USA and you will be asked for a whole bunch of papers and proof that your well established in DR.Honestly I would suggest you go your consulate in SD and having them issue you a machine readable passport..that will probally turn out to be cheaper and less of a headache than applying for a US Visa in SD.With Most EU Passports you can enter the USA under the visawaiver.
Good luck!