Another trip to the North Coast

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
This time I went through Tamboril and to San Victor. FIne, good road, except for some potholes in the lower part of Tamboril.
The highway from San Victor to the crossroads on the coast road was fine. Lots of switchbacks, of course, a few pot holes, but overall, quite acceptable.
It is tiring and it took me 1 1/2 hours to get from Tamboril to Cabarete.

I visited a friend and left Sos?a at 2:30 and was at the stoplight at Los Salados (Baldom) in 1:21, a few minutes later I was home. I took the tunnel road, and in spite of a slow truck or 2 or 3 or 4...it was much faster. Of Course! Saturday afternoon was a good time to travel.

Overall, I will give my vote to the tunnel road to Sos?a or Cabarete. Safer, faster really, and with more options if something happens.

The scenery on the Jamao road is beautiful and if that is what you want to look at, all fine and good. Otherwise, tunnel for you!

HB

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
HB,
You are correct for us it is actually 8 miles longer and 20 min shorter for us to use the tunnel road through PP. And we usually ride along the Malacon in PP to avoid a lot of traffic on the main highway, especially by the hospital. However then we miss our cigar shops in Tamboril. So we usually head down on the Mocca road, stop for cigars, early in the AM and head back on the tunnel road. So best of both worlds.

Next time you are up this way give a shout and stop by for a beer/coffee/cigar. I am not getting out much being wheel chair bound for another 6-8 weeks or so.

Bob K

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
Mmmm..... I had some Lee Childs books you could have picked up. IF you had dropped by.
I make pretty good coffee, but we have an absence of dogs. We lost our Jack 3 weeks ago, so would have had to make do with the cat!!!
Please stop in next time!!