Running in Santiago

raphstar

Jun 7, 2010
I am a female college student doing research in Santiago all summer. Is there a safe, nice place for a young woman to run? If not, are there any good gyms?

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I am a female college student doing research in Santiago all summer. Is there a safe, nice place for a young woman to run? If not, are there any good gyms?

It's possible you could run at the Puccm university, send Hillbilly a pm if he doesn't respond to this thread as he works there.

There is a nice Gold's gym but they have no indoor track.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Running in PUCMM university is the best option. it's safe with security guards everywhere.
AZB

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I agree. They have a nice track, dirt, and the roadway is a little over 2 km a lap. Plenty of good water available in the various buildings or in the cafeteria. A safe place to park your car or motorcycle.

Access from Estrella Sadhal? or Autopista Duarte.

Any questions, fire away!

HB

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
How much does the Golds Gym cost in Santiago?
HB, I definitely won't be running but can you enter PUCMM to just walk the track and area? Or do you need some sort of student/faculty pass to enter the area?
SHALENA

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
No pass needed, Mommy! There are thousands of people who just walk around, mostly inthe mornings and evenings. There is room for everyone.

HB

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
pucmm is good, and if you want the cross training aspect I ve seen people run up and down the stairs at the monument.

Michan

Jan 24, 2009
Pucmm is perfect.

I agree with the other posters that PUCMM is the best place. Lots of people in the morning and a good and safe environment. A number of the Santiago Flyers runners club members are also there in the morning. A nice group if you want to run on a regular basis.

manila

Nov 9, 2009

I was in Santiago for a week a few days a ago and I ran a few times at PUCMM. It's safe and there's a few people running or walking in the mornings that I went. I would recommend for you to go early, the time I went after 9 the heat was torture.

Tunit

Mar 12, 2010
I was in Santiago last years ago and i used to run at PUCMM, but since i wanted to run about 8 to 12 miles i found it extremetelly boring to run at PUCMM. I will be going back to Santiago in July and will train once again at PUCMM, but i once a week a go outside santiago to the country side for a nice and relaxing run. Good luck in your training if you ever want to join me for a run you are more than welcome.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
You re running around the campus and not the athletic field right? I can see how that is boring. I did it ONE TIME, I think the campus is maybe 1.5 Miles around. The track I think is maybe 1/10 of a mile. 12 miles of that is boring.