New Government In Sosua...Garbage!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Anyone know why garbage pickup has stopped in Sosua.

I don't care for Rat's.

2 weeks have passed and this town is starting to stink!

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002

I don't care for Rat's.

The people in there now know that as of Aug. 16th. they're history. So why spend the $$$. That's my take on the situation. Hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: mike l

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR

I don't care for Rat's.

Just told my girlfriend to get ready for 10 days in Sosua, don't really want to go there now if the garbage is stacking up on the streets. This can't be good for business.
Are they having the same problem elsewhere on the North Coast or is this problem exclusive for Sosua?

RenatoSosua

Bronze
Nov 8, 2006
groups.yahoo.com
Just told my girlfriend to get ready for 10 days in Sosua, don't really want to go there now if the garbage is stacking up on the streets. This can't be good for business.
Are they having the same problem elsewhere on the North Coast or is this problem exclusive for Sosua?

It applies where the politicians in place lost their election. The winners are taking their place on August 16.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Is this in all of Sosua, part of Sosua or just you? How many pick-ups have been missed?

Our garbage pick up has been normal and it is the same Sosua company. We did have week or so, a couple of months ago, when they did not pick. We called the number on our bill, in the town hall, and asked what the problem was. The main truck was broken and they were using a truck that did not have the capacity so they could not finish the route. It took three more phone calls, the lady was very nice and told us to call her, until they figured out to reverse the route every other run. So instead of twice a week pick-up, we had one until the truck was fixed.

If you don't have a paid receipt, then you have a different problem.

Ringo

Mar 2, 2008
I'm not sure there is really any comparison. The temperature and humidity are slightly greater here than in the UK. And there are several other qualifying differences as well.

The fact remains, if the garbage hasn't been picked up in two weeks here there is cause for concern.

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
wonder if the OP is aware that here in the UK, our garbage collection is once a fortnight?

Only in some areas. We still have weekly collections here in the North and of course we don't have to contend with the same heat, rat and stray dog problems that the DR has.

:ermm: Rio

May 29, 2006
Not having garbage pick-up will likely lead to an explosion in the rat population. When they do start doing pick-up, the rats will have only one place to go-- inside homes. Rain will also lead to more rats. I'd also be concerned about the tiny pica ants.

You can't compare garbage pick up in steel dumpsters or rat-proof plastic cans to piles of garbage on the street not even in plastic bags. Cinderblock also makes wonderful housing for rats.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
Was there a bank holiday on monday, thats the day they usually pick up here,dont think they came this week, but i didnt have any rubbish anyway

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
in the uk they are going to start fining you if your garbage is too heavy I beleive......did i just say garbage lol I meant rubbish

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
in the uk they are going to start fining you if your garbage is too heavy I beleive......did i just say garbage lol I meant rubbish

All sorts of strange and wonderful things are being imposed by some of the more left wing councils. Luckily, sanity prevails where I am and the "bin men" are very amenable.......

Rio

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I did it again

That is engaging my mouth, I should say fingers before looking around. I just drove around doing deliveries and other than the odd plastic bag outside 1 or 2 private homes, no garbage seen. Sosua is a safe place again.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
yeah i did see a few less chicas on the street when i was there this past week :ermm:

Status
Not open for further replies.