Rentals in Punta Cana area

Noche

Jul 1, 2008
Will be in the Punta Cana area for about 4-6 months beginning in October. Ideally would like to find a furnished 2 bedroom rental for under $700 a month in a safe area. Beach is a plus. Is this even possible?

Last edited:
Reactions: mike l

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Make sure you take a good look around.

I know that 2 bedroom furnished have been renting for US$400-500 monthly.
These are nice places on the beach at Cortecito.

Lots of empty apartments in the Punta Cana area and owners are willing to deal.
It's a renters market so negotiate hard!

rguedenet

Sep 13, 2008
Rentals in Punta Cana

Make sure you take a good look around.

I know that 2 bedroom furnished have been renting for US$400-500 monthly.
These are nice places on the beach at Cortecito.

Lots of empty apartments in the Punta Cana area and owners are willing to deal.
It's a renters market so negotiate hard!

Robert, I referred them to my posted paid advertisement on DR1: Bavaro F5 Since you are in the area and seem to be very well informed I have a request. Could you make arrangements and go by my penthouse and give me an idea of what I should be asking? I would very much appreciate your feedback that you have so generously given. You can contact Trust Realty should you like to compare and give me some advice. Thanks kindly, Rhonda

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Robert, I referred them to my posted paid advertisement on DR1: Bavaro F5 Since you are in the area and seem to be very well informed I have a request. Could you make arrangements and go by my penthouse and give me an idea of what I should be asking? I would very much appreciate your feedback that you have so generously given. You can contact Trust Realty should you like to compare and give me some advice. Thanks kindly, Rhonda

I live in Santo Domingo, but have friends living and working in Punta Cana / Bavaro. I have no idea what your penthouse is worth, just posting info from friends.

I would also ask around local residents and people in your building, rather than rely on just an agent or realtor to give you numbers.

It's always best to put a link to your ad, that way the mods will not delete your post as spam.

Punta Cana : Dominican Republic Rentals : Condo For Rent

rguedenet

Sep 13, 2008
I live in Santo Domingo, but have friends living and working in Punta Cana / Bavaro. I have no idea what your penthouse is worth, just posting info from friends.

I would also ask around local residents and people in your building, rather than rely on just an agent or realtor to give you numbers.

It's always best to put a link to your ad, that way the mods will not delete your post as spam.

Punta Cana : Dominican Republic Rentals : Condo For Rent

Hi Robert, thanks for the incrediably fast response to my post! And, especially providing my url on DR1 that, embarrssing I did not know. Good advice that will be taken. I've been to Bavaro 4 times this year, speak with many locals and people in my association. The unit was priced on first hand information from others that rent their comparable condos. Mine was considered low. However, as we all know everything is negotiable which is how I responded to the interested party. I'm curious as to why your post did not refer them to rentals on DR1 for comparisons. Thanks again for any information in navigating positive rental recommendations, Rhonda

Noche

Jul 1, 2008
Thanks so much for the information. I will definitely be in touch as time gets closer. I just didn't even know if this area was a consideration given my budgeted amount for the rental.

One additional questions: How safe is this area?

Thanks so much for the information. I will definitely be in touch as time gets closer. I just didn't even know if this area was a consideration given my budgeted amount for the rental.

One additional questions: How safe is this area?

Have been out there 2 times this year and I can definately say there are some nice developments and looks like more still going up and they are mostly empty at least to my eyes so you should have no problem finding a nice apt. I dont know if there is a problem with safety in these areas but they do look safe as mostly all have security very visible at least at the front gates. I'm also thinking of maybe moving from the north coast and trying out Bavaro for a year or so. Let us know what you find and how you like it.