Pictures of the demo's at the Eco Fair Jarabacoa

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Some pictures of our demo's Dogfrisbee and Securitywork with a few of our dogs from the Blazing Furies Ranch. It were 4 fantastic day's, great initiative of the town of Jarabacoa and a lot of visitors.

Enjoy, Hilde

DSCF3919.jpg

DSCF3925.jpg

Acira

DSCF3930.jpg

DSCF3937.jpg

Flash and Gray

DSCF3944.jpg

Mosquito

DSCF3947.jpg

DSCF3948.jpg

Mojito

DSCF3950.jpg

DSCF3952.jpg

H?rion

DSCF3955.jpg

Acira

DSCF3963.jpg

DSCF3965.jpg

DSCF3966.jpg

Toxic Shock, too small to participate yet but her first time in such a big crowd, not impressed and very focused.

DSCF39032.jpg

And a very brave little girl with Acira

S0223994.jpg

S0233996.jpg

Lots of interested people and kids to watch.

S0243997.jpg

S0163985.jpg

DSCF3960.jpg

DSCF3962.jpg

May 29, 2006
The third from the last photo looks like the kids are discussing how one should throw the weird piece of plastico...

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
The third from the last photo looks like the kids are discussing how one should throw the weird piece of plastico...

Indeed they were and we were impressed by some of the kids throwing techniques. Never hold such a disc in their hands, looking and listening to Peters explanation how to hold the disc and how to throw and some of them threw very nice long ones perfectly straight and at a good height.
After the demo's we played with some 15 kids for more then an hour, doing some fun things with throwing the discs to each other, in a circle, one facing one other etc...kids running over and over again to really try to catch the discs and having a go a it, it was really fun, I enjoyed it very much and so did they.

May 29, 2006
One of the things I love about traveling is seeing someone see something we take for granted for the first time. My girlfried had a ceiling light in her home but no switch, so her son had to climb up into the rafters to unscrew it to turn it off. I went to the local hardware store and got a screw in pull chain for her. She had never seen anything like it. Also made her Chicken Fingers for her and her kids on our first date and she had never had fried chicken before either.

But it's hard to top when I was a little kid traveling with my folks in the campo. The other kids would come up to me and rub my arms thinking that I had been painted white! You don't see much of that anymore...

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
We had a club/school for Dogfrisbee when we were still living in Belgium, the first club with Dogfrisbee as main sport.
Our goal was alway's to get people around enjoying to play with their dog, never imposing on them to do competitions. If they wanted to, they got all our support but it was not necessary, having fun in playing Dogfrisbee with your dog was the priority and the club went very well.
We took it on ourselves to introduce a youth/kids hour on wednesday afternoon when there is no school...no succes.
Why? Western children are very much hooked up on the Internet and TV these day's, some hardly come out anymore, some even do not know anymore how to drive a bycicle.

As I alway's loved to work with children it was a bit of a desolution to see that the Western kids were not interested in coming to the hour of Dogfrisbee.

But here it is totally different, when we give a demo, their are loads of kids hanging around our tent or on the field after the demo's.
We give them discs and they enjoy playing with them and whenever I can, I will join them and we play together. The kids are polite to each other, give everybody also the smallest the chance to throw a disc, helping each other, gathering the discs, there is no yelling, no screaming but pure fun and they want to learn how to throw and some are really good in it.

Really nice to watch these kids enjoying themselves with a piece of plastic.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
the kids really enjoyed the dogs, and playing with them, and enjoyed throwing the frisbees...

they had an enormous time, and, brought all the discs back as well, after they finished...

well, all except one, which landed in the deep fryer of the foodstand at the back of the field, and we got that one back as well, attached to a very angry owner of the stand....:bunny:

anyways... we are starting up a real dogschool here, for group-trainings, and have decided that, one hour a week, we will give a free lesson to the kids here...

the 2 main goals are to give the kids a good time, and to learn them how to deal with dogs in a positive way... and of course we will try to teach them and their dogs some new tricks, so they can brag to their friends... lol

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
Looks like a great presentation and what a nice way to end it--by playing frisbee with the local kids!

My group in April taught the kids in Marranitos (village close to Jarabacoa) how to jump rope--a good time was had by all!!!

Jarabacoa continues to impress me....

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Love the photo of the dog looking at the little girl. That's a fine looking dog!

I grew up around Border Collies, miss that living here :(

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
3rd from the last pic., boy in red shirt with the frisbee looks like my nephew who lives in jarabacoa. You ddnt get his name did you? If it Joel thats my boy...He should be about 10 years old now