Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cuartro de Julio en Sosua

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Cuartro de Julio en Sosua

While viewing the USA - England match, I started thinking about how far back the actual rivalry between these two countries went; Some 234 years, at least!

That line of thinking lead me to wonder if there will even be a 4th of July celebration / BBQ at Rocky's this year.

I have attended those celebratory gatherings for about 5 years now, and I have always found them to be thoroughly enjoyable, each with a large and diverse crowd and a variety of great food.

Two questions came to mind; Since the World Cup has taken center stage at the moment, will there even be a July 4th BBQ at Rocky's this year, and would it be appropriate and permissible for me to invite some poor despondent Brit, as a gesture of charity and good will?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

fortunately I have no interest in football otherwise I might have to slap your legs and send you to the naughty step

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL

And just when I was contemplating the possibility of inviting you, jr!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

PM dafishguy, thats the owner of Rocky's, if anyone could help you out he probably is the one.....

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

But I doubt that he would know the protocol relating to erstwhile Brits however.

Maybe Amy Vanderbilt could help in that regard?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

How do they arrange the next set of matches anyway? Would England not play the US again unless they both made it to the final? I see the odds of that happening as slim to none.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Good question about the matches and how they are set. Colin Robinson seems to know a bit about it. Perhaps he wouldn't mind setting us straight.

By the way, Colin was one of those hooligans I referred to in the other thread.

He almost had me straightened out on the floor, after our second or third tequila. Luckily, I checked the score before taking him up on his last offer, and thankfully, I could still count at that point.

So what is it Colin? Do the Brits get another "shot" at redemption?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably based on goal difference - or goals scored, these days. And then they used to look at how many yellow/red cards a team had.
    One time, all things being equal, they ended up flipping a coin.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

2010 Football World Cup Format | World Cup Betting

This explains the pairings as best they can.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes David, Rocky's WILL be doing the usual July 4th get together on... you guessed it, the 4th of July ;-) It will be the same as other years with the theme being all you can eat and the feeling of friends gathering to celebrate another great year in Sosua.

We will be doing BBQ burgers, hotdogs, steaks and offering Rocky's special salads and there is a rumor of deserts being available at the end of it all as well. This year, we are going to offer something new. We will offer anyone who wants to try it, ONE of our BBQ Blue Cheese burgers as long as the sauce lasts. Since they were introduced, we have been selling out on the blue cheese sauce needing to prepare a new batch almost daily. Well, it doesn't help that people have found other things to put the sauce on like salads, Buffalo wings & Schnitzel. Seriously, if you would like to try the BBQ blue cheese burger, just ask me and I'll prepare you one.

The cost this year is $499 pesos per person. It will run from 2 PM to 6 PM. If you would like to attend, please cut this next section and place your name below the last persons on the list along with the amount of people attending. This way, we will know just how much we need to buy to get ready for the fine folks who wish to attend.

Rocky's 4th of July BBQ Extravaganza attendees.
    Dafishguy (2)

Thanks folks, we hope to see many of the regulars as well as a few new faces this year. It is a real reason to celebrate.

Take care,

Rick

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast