QUESTION advice needed for getting around

andujar6

Sep 20, 2004
Hello all, I am going to stay at the Magestic colonial resort, and I am wondering if I need to rent a car? moped? and if moped are there any compaines recommened? and rates per day? thanks a million, will be there for 7 days in July

davethebodyguard

Sep 3, 2009
If you are renting a car book it ahead online because the prices are higher when you get there. Check out Alamo, europacar, budget. I use Alamo only because they have treated me proper. As far as motos go there are a few rental places but i find it a bit dangerous on the motos there. Remember the colour of your skin makes a difference too. If you look like a gringo you get treated like one on the road by many, I know from experience.
Good Luck

Dave

2thebeach

May 7, 2010
getting around

Depending on what you want to do, you won't probably need to rent a car. We stayed at the Majestic Elegance next door. There is a market within walking distance. We took a cab once and a motaconcha once to other parts of Punta Cana.

riravaga

Feb 24, 2005
If are planning to go out long distance better rent a car, if you are planning to go out few times better take a cab will be cheaper than to rent a car, a cab can cost you arround 500.00 pesos each way.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
There is nothing interesting around Majestic Colonial, except Punta Blanca Golf (or beach). To get to center of Bavaro you need less then 10 min. with a car. (or scooter).

In any All Inclusive hotel in Punta Cana, you would not probably be needed to go out at all, as you have everything in the hotel.

To rent a car:

Avis Locations: Punta Cana, DO

or
Guide Punta Cana - 1- Rent a Car Special Offers=

or Car and Scooters:
Guide Punta Cana - Rent a Car / Moto / Yacht=

Great info which hopefully will be useful to others but the OP already visited in July it seems.