Bus from Santo Domingo to Boca Chica.

shawn27

May 24, 2010
Help! I'll be in Santo Domingo this friday. My hotel is charging me $35.00 each way to get from SD to Boca but there has to be a bus that goes there. I did a search and people have mentioned Caribe tours and another one, however I don't see any bus that goes to Boca Chica from SD. I don't want to take a guagua, taxi, or motoconcho, just a big bus. Can someone please help me???

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Help! I'll be in Santo Domingo this friday. My hotel is charging me $35.00 each way to get from SD to Boca but there has to be a bus that goes there. I did a search and people have mentioned Caribe tours and another one, however I don't see any bus that goes to Boca Chica from SD. I don't want to take a guagua, taxi, or motoconcho, just a big bus. Can someone please help me???

There is no big bus to Boca Chica..............

Don't want guagua, don't want taxi, and you don't want motoconcho.......... whew, it is one long walk to Boca Chica from Santo Domingo.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Parque Enriquillo. There are medium sized Guaguas and also big buses!!! Big buses cost more - they are going to La Romana. The medium sized guaguas cost less and go to Juan Dolio and San pedro. All stop in Boca chica.

matilda

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Parque Enriquillo. There are medium sized Guaguas and also big buses!!! Big buses cost more - they are going to La Romana. The medium sized guaguas cost less and go to Juan Dolio and San pedro. All stop in Boca chica.

matilda

I guess one lives and learns, where does the big bus stop in Boca Chica? The big bus is like Metro or Caribe Tours?

shawn27

May 24, 2010
Hi Matilda,

Thanks for your response! I just want a reliable form of transportation. When you say guagua I think of when people are hitching ride; I don't want that. I just want an official bus that goes to Boca Chica. Do you by any chance know how I can get contact information? Thanks!

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Neither Metro nor Caribe, just a posh guagua. has aircon and a TV but costs like 120RD$ as opposed to 80 RD$ for normal guagua. They do not go as often as the smaller guaguas though. But all go from the same bus station. It will stop wherever you want, and only leaves when it is full so you have to wait longer for it to fill up as has more seats.

matilda

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Neither Metro nor Caribe, just a posh guagua. has aircon and a TV but costs like 120RD$ as opposed to 80 RD$ for normal guagua. They do not go as often as the smaller guaguas though. But all go from the same bus station. It will stop wherever you want, and only leaves when it is full so you have to wait longer for it to fill up as has more seats.

matilda

OK, when the OP mentioned Caribe Tours and big bus in the same post I thought that is what they wanted. I was thinking "big bus", as in comfy seats, A/C, TV, bathroom.......... LOL........

I just couldn't recall seeing a "big bus" drive through Boca Chica. The larger guaguas you mentioned do drive through town and are considerably better than the beat up guagua/van.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
guagua vs "big bus"

guagua

aw2mhx.jpg

big bus

bgpbes.jpg

shawn27

May 24, 2010
omg... I know this is part of the experience but this will only be my second time in DR and when I'm thinking big bus I was thinking of something like a greyhound bus. Matilda, is the first picture of the purple van what you are referring to as the guagua that goes to Boca Chica? In that case I'll either take a taxi or use the hotel shuttle that goes to Boca Chica!

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
omg... I know this is part of the experience but this will only be my second time in DR and when I'm thinking big bus I was thinking of something like a greyhound bus. Matilda, is the first picture of the purple van what you are referring to as the guagua that goes to Boca Chica? In that case I'll either take a taxi or use the hotel shuttle that goes to Boca Chica!
LMAO............

Don't panic. The first pic is a typical guagua which will scoot you around town and they also have routes that can take you to Boca Chica. The second pic is a larger, nicer guagua that goes to Boca Chica, and other cities. There are these "larger guaguas" a little nicer with curtains, doors that close, and A/C.

To the best of my knowledge there is no "big bus" Greyhound type that goes to Boca Chica. I am thinking when you say "big bus" you are talking a bus you can buy a round trip ticket. A bus that has designated bus stops. A bus that actually runs on a schedule. If I am correct you can't get to Boca Chica on your type of "big bus".

It is not that difficult to take the larger guagua like Matilda mentioned to Boca Chica. This being your second trip to the DR I don't think it would be a wise thing to do. First you would have to get to Parque Enriquillo. Now you need to find out which larger guagua is the one you need to take. As Matilda mentioned the larger guagua leaves when it is full............ so you sit and wait. Your return trip will be a repeat.

What hotel will you be staying at in SD? Will you be going to Boca Chica solo?

If you want to have fun and make it easy on yourself I would suggest taking a regular taxi to Boca Chica for around $35. Leave Boca Chica around 5pm and take an express guagua back to Santo Domingo. To me taking the guagua back to town always seems easier.

Let me know what you think?

shawn27

May 24, 2010
I will be staying at the Duque de Wellington hotel in Gazcue. The hotel advised that they offer transportation to Boca Chica for $35.00. Seems like that is the going rate to go places. I actually like your idea of taking a taxi into Boca Chica and taking a gua gua back.

When you said it wasn't wise to take a gua gua to boca chica were you referring to safety wise? I was there last September and felt pretty safe, but I am blk and white and figured they probably thought I was dominican.

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
Although I would be the last guy to get in the way of my friends at the Duque making some money, I think you should go to the parada and get the gua gua and spend considerably less [if I remember correctly the gua gua is 60 pesos] than paying the $35 one way the taxi will cost you. Besides, the experience of going to BC via gua gua, and being with Dominicans, has always added to the fun for me.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
......When you said it wasn't wise to take a gua gua to boca chica were you referring to safety wise? I was there last September and felt pretty safe, but I am blk and white and figured they probably thought I was dominican.

Oh no, it is very safe. I just think if you take the taxi to Boca Chica it would be faster and easier. You will get to Boca Chica without getting lost and be able to spend the day. Have your fun on the guagua on the return trip. If you feel up to it take the guagua going and coming but be sure to leave Boca Chica around 5pm. If you wait until just before dark the traffic leaving Boca Chica on a Sunday will be a mess.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
LMAO............

Don't panic. The first pic is a typical guagua which will scoot you around town and they also have routes that can take you to Boca Chica. The second pic is a larger, nicer guagua that goes to Boca Chica, and other cities. There are these "larger guaguas" a little nicer with curtains, doors that close, and A/C.

To the best of my knowledge there is no "big bus" Greyhound type that goes to Boca Chica. I am thinking when you say "big bus" you are talking a bus you can buy a round trip ticket. A bus that has designated bus stops. A bus that actually runs on a schedule. If I am correct you can't get to Boca Chica on your type of "big bus".

It is not that difficult to take the larger guagua like Matilda mentioned to Boca Chica. This being your second trip to the DR I don't think it would be a wise thing to do. First you would have to get to Parque Enriquillo. Now you need to find out which larger guagua is the one you need to take. As Matilda mentioned the larger guagua leaves when it is full............ so you sit and wait. Your return trip will be a repeat.

What hotel will you be staying at in SD? Will you be going to Boca Chica solo?

If you want to have fun and make it easy on yourself I would suggest taking a regular taxi to Boca Chica for around $35. Leave Boca Chica around 5pm and take an express guagua back to Santo Domingo. To me taking the guagua back to town always seems easier.

Let me know what you think?

Not that hard the bus for boca chica has expreso boca chica on it look for that one it should have curtains and the ac on will leave when its full.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
The guaguas to Boca chica are either the second picture (not the purple one) or bigger Greyhound type buses. For the sake of saving money, and remembering you will need to get a motoconcho in Boca Chica to get to wherever you want to go - just get a taxi.

matilda

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
The guaguas to Boca chica are either the second picture (not the purple one) or bigger Greyhound type buses. For the sake of saving money, and remembering you will need to get a motoconcho in Boca Chica to get to wherever you want to go - just get a taxi.

matilda

The expreso will stop at the park in Boca Chica. no need for a motoconcho. and last time I went 2mo ago, was 60 pesos. when you get ready to leave go to the same drop off at the park this will take you to the main station again look for expreso. this one will take you back to SD when you disembark take a cab home

look for one like this
with expreso boca chica in the front window

http://i50.tinypic.com/bgpbes.jpg

shawn27

May 24, 2010
Thank you all for the advice! I wouldn't mind taking the green and white bus. This really helped me a lot, and as long as it's safe I don't mind going on a little adventure to get to the beach lol!

riravaga

Feb 24, 2005
In the 2nd floor in the airport in south corner there is an small bus that for RD$50.00 pesos can take you to the main way so there you can wait for one of the buses to Boca Chica, that will cost you arround another RD$50.00 this bus only works during the day, if you arrive late better take a taxi.