Robbed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wanna

Feb 1, 2006
I have been unfortunately a victum of a robbery. Through neglect, foolishness and not using my common sense. I met a girl near the university, I have seen her several times. One day she asked to have a glass of wine, and to show her my apartment ( great went there had some wine danced alittle, she then went home). About two weeks went by and she showed up one evening ( the apartment security alerted me). I had no prior notice ( but I heard this is common in the DR), I let her in and we had some wine, I (stupidly left to use the bathroom). I finnished my wine, she then wanted to show me some Bachata Moves. Here is when the problem started I began to get weak and shalow breathes sat down and was not able to move, kept blanking in and out. When I came fully aware of my surroundings it was 7 hours later without her my laptop, my portable DVD, playstation 2, purfume, and other trinkets. I asked security about the girl, but they said they did not see her. Should I even bother with the police since the private gaurds did not see her?

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Maybe the guards were in on it:ermm:

I have been unfortunately a victum of a robbery. Through neglect, foolishness and not using my common sense. I met a girl near the university, I have seen her several times. One day she asked to have a glass of wine, and to show her my apartment ( great went there had some wine danced alittle, she then went home). About two weeks went by and she showed up one evening ( the apartment security alerted me). I had no prior notice ( but I heard this is common in the DR), I let her in and we had some wine, I (stupidly left to use the bathroom). I finnished my wine, she then wanted to show me some Bachata Moves. Here is when the problem started I began to get weak and shalow breathes sat down and was not able to move, kept blanking in and out. When I came fully aware of my surroundings it was 7 hours later without her my laptop, my portable DVD, playstation 2, purfume, and other trinkets. I asked security about the girl, but they said they did not see her. Should I even bother with the police since the private gaurds did not see her?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Leaving your apartment with your laptop, portable DVD, playstation, etc. etc. would have been a little difficult to pull off (a) single-handed and (b) unnoticed. She is likely to have had an accomplice and it's difficult to believe the guards didn't see her/them.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Polite and Police

When I came fully aware of my surroundings it was 7 hours later without her my laptop, my portable DVD, playstation 2, purfume, and other trinkets.

Well, but it was all done in a very polite way, wasn't it?

Police will not be interested much.
Mind you, a lot of the valuable stuff is gone anyway... :tired:

donP

tjmurray

Bronze
Aug 11, 2006
I'm sorry to hear this has happened to you. I would report the occurrence to the police just to have a record. In all honesty, they will do nothing. The law is a scary thing here that is manipulated and useless.

Wanna

Feb 1, 2006
The responces have been the very thoughts ( Security in on it, NP really would not be very interested). However if I see her again how would you suggest I proceed? In money the values would be about $800.00, by US. standards not very much, but here a substantial amount, moreover I was not hurt except my pride and some dizziness for awhile. I guess I do not have the say it, but here goes, GUYS AND GALS BE CAREFUL OUT THERE! I would now rather be perceived some what overly suspicious, and cautious when entertaing then to go through that again.

Last edited:

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I think you should report it, too. It sounds like this is an organized group and even if the police don't do anything in your particular case, they should know about it.

Do the guards make a record of visitors that would be helpful to the police?

In the condo where I live, our watchman takes the cedula of visitors, records the information in a notebook, and holds the cedula until the girl leaves. We have now amended that to have the watchman hold the cedula uintil the person being visited authorizes the watchman, in person, to return it to the visitor.

We do not do this to embarrass visitors but to protect our occupants against incidents like this.

Chances of something like this happening much reduced by knowledge the watchman has the cedula. It is now even further reduced because the visitor can't slip out in middle of the night and expect to pick up her cedula.

Yes, the watchman carefully compares the photo with the visitor to avoid being given a cedula for some other person.

Mar 2, 2008
If you feel like wasting your time, and seeing your report being transcribed onto a piece of scrap paper that will immediately discarded when you leave, then by all means report it.

The worst that could happen is that the police will assume you are an easy mark and try some scam of their own. The best thing that could result from your report is everyone at the police station enjoying a good laugh at your expense.

Spread the joy.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
I wish he had a picture of her, i would post it all over the city, warning people about her.

He should report it to the police and keep a copy of the report and also report that guard to his boss.:mad:

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
maybe you could re-coop some money by getting rid of the watchman.....a watchman that doesnt see anything isnt a lot of use, I presume she had to use the door to get out with a television

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Adventure Girls

The worst that could happen is that the police will assume you are an easy mark and try some scam of their own.
Yes, there were cases with the police offering to "investigate" at the site of the crime....
Soon afterwards thieves came for whatever of value was left.
True, reporting at the police often makes things worse.

Why not have a glass of wine at HER apartment?
On that date do not wear shoes and a watch... ;)

Better yet: Change girls.

donP

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Assumption

I presume she had to use the door to get out with a television

What television (set)?
Even if it was 'incomodo' much of the stuff taken could have been put in her bra and underwear... :bunny:

donP

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
I say report it as well so the police have a record of it. You never know if these people might have done this to others before. When you report it pray that someone actually cares (it has happened before you know, maybe not often but it has) and looks into it.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Give police a few bucks and see what they can do for you. the girl will be arrested and beaten up. Your case can be solved easily. If she had done this to me, I bet she would be in jail right now. You guys let them get away and this is why she will rob the next gringo.
AZB

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
) Here is when the problem started I began to get weak and shalow breathes sat down and was not able to move, kept blanking in and out. When I came fully aware of my surroundings it was 7 hours later

Screw the stuff. You can get more stuff. It sounds like a "rufie" but it could have been a number of substances administered against your knowledge or will. That is a serious danger to you, the next person and the last person.

Yes, you should have reported it and gotten a toxicological workup done immediately to find out what it was that you ingested. Depending on what it was there could be long term health risks for you. I'd report it to the police just to get it on record and send a copy of the report to the embassy as well. I'm sure you're not the only victim.

Of course the guard was in on it. He's probably watching a bootleg on your DVD player right now while she's going down on him. Of course you should report him to the owner and demand his immediate dismissal against their lapse of responsibility.

Man, you've gotta get MAD. I'm already mad for you.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Yes, you should have reported it and gotten a toxicological workup done immediately to find out what it was that you ingested. Depending on what it was there could be long term health risks for you.

I absolutely second this - in fact I would still suggest getting a health check and telling the clinic what you think was administered. Some of these substances exit the system very rapidly so will not show up on a toxicology report, but the health risks remain.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Yes, you should have reported it and gotten a toxicological workup done immediately to find out what it was that you ingested. Depending on what it was there could be long term health risks for you. I'd report it to the police just to get it on record and send a copy of the report to the embassy as well. I'm sure you're not the only victim.

Of course the guard was in on it. He's probably watching a bootleg on your DVD player right now while she's going down on him. Of course you should report him to the owner and demand his immediate dismissal against their lapse of responsibility.

I agree, also with the need to get a health check even if the substance is no longer in your system.

I don't know anything about drugs used to knock you out, but 7 hours seems to be a long time. Something that potent likely to be harmful to your health.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Give police a few bucks and see what they can do for you. the girl will be arrested and beaten up. Your case can be solved easily. If she had done this to me, I bet she would be in jail right now. You guys let them get away and this is why she will rob the next gringo.
AZB
I agree. Or tell the cops she stole 25,000.00 US$ from you and if they get the $$ back you will give them half. You will never see the money but what a beating she will get.
Just a side note, if you're fed up with your novias stealing shampoo from the bathroom when they leave, fill a champoo bottle with "Nair" and look for a chica with no hair a few days later. (I'm in a vengefull mood today)

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
Just a side note, if you're fed up with your novias stealing shampoo from the bathroom when they leave, fill a champoo bottle with "Nair" and look for a chica with no hair a few days later. (I'm in a vengefull mood today)

But just don't forget you did it :ermm:

Reactions: greydread
Status
Not open for further replies.