Paving the road

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
Hi,
The night before I left on June 5th, they started paving the road by El Frances. Any reports on how far they got, and if they continued toward Las Galeras, or the other direction toward El Frances?
Thanks

Reactions: mike l

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
Thank you for your reply and the link to the pictures. The roads in the photos are closer to Sanchez, and El Limon. However, I was referring to the road closer to Las Galeras, which they also started to asphalt. Any update on that section?

Memo

Jul 30, 2005
Las Galeras
www.elotrowa.com
They've paved a bit more towards LG but it's altogether too wet to be doing any further paving of late. The stellar progress has been in trenching and lining the roadside drainage ditches. Whooeee!

Memo

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
Thanks for the update, and yes, the drainage ditches will be a big help to reduce the water erosion and dirt on the road. So apparently it has been raining a lot?

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
I was in Samana City last March and the dust in town during the day was bad. Really burned and irritated my eyes one day. Alot of the motoconchos wore face masks. Going north of Samana, I felt sorry for people who lived along the dirt roads that are being paved. They must have an inch of dust covering everything they own, not to mention all kinds of respiratory problems as well....polvo, polvo, polvo.....

Reactions: mike l