Again again and again

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I don't know what is going on with this song I can listen this bachata many times and I don't get tire to listen the same song....
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cl5Q_YfneLw&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cl5Q_YfneLw&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Llamame Raulin Rodriguez

JJ

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Absolutely a beautiful song!

That is a beautiful song but then again I would not expect anything less from Raul?n Rodr?guez- one of the few premier bachata artists of all time. I have been looking out for his new production because he has not had one since December 2008 and he produces an album yearly (normally). Therefore, I have been checking periodically but I have not found anything until you posted this video.

I still could not find any concrete information but this song is from his new album Ll?mame. Therefore, I guess it's only a matter of time before I find it or I will go to a Latin music store this weekend. I will definitely buy it since he is one of the few artists whose music I still collect.

I still have great memories of his Toronto concert a month and a half ago, it was his first show ever in Canada and no surprise the man was a class act.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uRLf18TSsQg&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uRLf18TSsQg&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I just found another song from this new album- A la orilla del mar. I like it. This guy always delivers.

Thanks for posting that new song . It’s a great inspiration.

-MP.

Last edited:

trabajadora

Aug 29, 2007
Gone but not forgotten

It's coming up on 2 years since I moved back from a 2-1/2 year stay in the DR. Hearing this great artist brings back soooo many good memories of my life there. Thanks for posting them.... now I too, MUST try to find some music by this guy. I haven't gotten any new music for a long time now but I absolutely love bachata, almost as much as salsa and it's TIME!

But for now, I'm going to listen again, again and again. :)

?

? bient?t

Bachatas van y vienen, pero Raul?n's "Nereyda" remains my all-time favorite. He's great!

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
Nereyda y otras canciones....

Bachatas van y vienen, pero Raul?n's "Nereyda" remains my all-time favorite. He's great!

Ah Jos?, did you have to mention that magic word? –Nereyda. Now I am going to have a breakdown yes, I can feel it coming. For the past month and a half I had three cds in my bag and last night I checked which ones they were. Yes, you guessed it. Three Raul?n cds- Piel sin alma, A d?nde ir? sin ti, and Parece mentira. I have been the queen of the road every time I cruise down these smooth and clean Canadian highways driving in my own world.

To say he’s great does the man no justice but I know you know that he’s really an icon, a gem, a pillar bachatero- o mejor dicho fiel exponente del g?nero, an artist in a class by himself. Many will understand and some won’t but that’s their loss and our gain. I can already tell that this new release is another Raul?n masterpiece soon to be added to my collection.

You say 'bachatas van y vienen' but I say bachatas vienen y van- ummm. Yes, Nereyda is an all time classic hit by Raul?n and in bachata in general. I say easily a few more songs can be added to the Raul?n classic picks from his older albums:

 Medicina de amor
 Que vuelva
 Me siento triste hoy
 Coraz?n, Coraz?n
 Soledad
 Arr?ncame la vida
 Sin fortuna
 Su primer novio... c?mo es su condici?n, c?mo es ella....

....too many good memories. However, great ones to hold onto....

-MP.

Favorite

again and again I can listen to this, he is one of the best

YouTube - MARCO ANTONIO SOLIS INVENTAME

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2h2kXAswed8&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_detailpage&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2h2kXAswed8&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_detailpage&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
That song is from a great album- Arr?ncame la vida

I'll have to listen on my home computer to this new song but "Dos Mujeres Para Mi" brings back great memories of my first trip to DR.

That's another great song by El Cacique and he has so many it just depends on what mood you are in which can greatly influence what song(s) you may have a strong desire to listen to at the time. As well, songs create memories of good and bad moments (at least for me anyway) and they always bring you back to a certain point in time.

The album that song is on is a gem in my opinion because it's just another great one among so many that I feel it did not get that much recognition. I stumbled upon it in January 2000 on a trip to New York and purchased it without hesitation and good thing I did because I never saw the album again anywhere. Only about a year or so now it's available on Amazon (a used copy) but you may find it in the DR or Miami. I always try to buy an album when I see it because sometimes the opportunity does not come around again.

I recommend it if you ever see it in your travels. The colossal hit on that album is Arr?ncame la vida and Raul?n explained to the crowd at the concert I went to a month and a half ago that he wrote that song because "estaba enamorado de una mujer de Ban?" and the lyrics explain how he was feeling.... "es mejor as? morir que estar llorando". This guy is too much.

-MP.

?

? bient?t

(This is good: an Aventura-free thread about Bachata.)

Folks, here's the sequence of events:

Legend has it that To?o Rosario visited Joe Veras one morning and asked him for a song. Veras told him, "Voy a ver lo que hago; ven despu?s del mediod?a." (I don't know if this story is true or not; I only heard it once and I liked it.)

The result: "Enamorado estoy", To?o's biggest bachata hit, and one of the most popular bachata tunes of all times.

YouTube - enamorado estoy
(Yeah, the Kid's in love! So much in love, that I drove from Hig?ey to El Seybo, then Hato Mayor, Consuelo, San Pedro, and back to Hig?ey through La Romana, with a stop in Boca de Yuma, and that song in constant repeat. I drove the same route with Molly Hatchet's "Flirtin' with Disaster", my voice gone after 6 hours of Danny Joe Brown imitation, but that's another story.)

It's December '06, freshly dumped by the former luckiest woman in the world, desubicao y el coraz?n pisoteao y matratao, and Hector Acosta is all over the place:

YouTube - Me voy
(Yeah, cupido me ha fallado, pero 'ta bien: te agarro en baja?ta.)

Then there's Antony Santos's super-hit: "Vete y al?jate de m?", written by Marco Antonio Sol?s:

YouTube - -Vete y alejate de mi

(Adi?s Paxil, Zoloft, and Prozac. Hello, mujeres ajenas. Vamo a lo que vinimo: a goz? se ha dicho, mujere jembra!)