Jarabacoa River Club & Resort

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Any feedback about Jarabacoa River Club & Resort.
I am looking for a "very peaceful" place with a nice view to stay for a week in Jarabacoa. Please feel free to direct me.
Thanks, Lucille

Reactions: mike l

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I believe the hotel rooms at the JRC are open. It's a wonderful place, super food, the river, pools, etc.

Reactions: Lucille
Nov 25, 2008
its open, they have little caba?as for rent, food is not really that great, if you want it quiet I would recommend entering on Monday and leaving Friday, weekends the music is loud

jcrew20

Jun 22, 2005
How much are you looking to spend? I think Hotel Gran Jimenoa is a great place to stay. It is located directly on the river and has a swimming pool and restaurant.

Reactions: Lucille and mike l

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
I live in Jarabacoa and know all the hotels and resorts very well. Our tour utilize most of them in some capacity.

I can recommend most depending on what you're looking for.

JRC: fantastic facilities spread across both riverbanks, good food, lots to do and it rocks on the weekends. We know the owners. It's a top-notch place a couple of miles from town.

Mi Vista: nice, smallish, few amentities, good food, a cool pool, a more minimalist, laid-back place for the budget minded. The owner, Angel, is Dominican and retired US Navy and a super nice guy; he build the place himself. Beautiful grounds. He has quite the orchid collection. It's not far from town on some rough roads.

Gran Jimenoa: very nice physical plant, good food, beautiful grounds, a real resort without a lot of resort amentities. Fairly quiet. Owners have been in Jarabacoa for generations. Kinda far down a beaten path to get to. Count your drinks and make sure your bill is correct in the restaurant. Most expensive place in town but very nice. A weekend retreat for well-heeled Dominicans.

Pinar Dorado: been around for years, close to downtown, practically within walking distance. OK facility, grounds are nice, big pool, good food in the restaurant, modestly priced. Currently owned by the Rancho Baiguate group, but I may have some upcoming news regarding a positive change in ownership.

Brisas del Jacque Dos: in the middle of downtown Jarabacoa, small but really nice rooms, inexpensive, few amentities but you can walk everywhere. Being downtown, it can be noisy.

Hope this helps.

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
I live in Jarabacoa and know all the hotels and resorts very well. Our tour utilize most of them in some capacity.

I can recommend most depending on what you're looking for.

JRC: fantastic facilities spread across both riverbanks, good food, lots to do and it rocks on the weekends. We know the owners. It's a top-notch place a couple of miles from town.

Mi Vista: nice, smallish, few amentities, good food, a cool pool, a more minimalist, laid-back place for the budget minded. The owner, Angel, is Dominican and retired US Navy and a super nice guy; he build the place himself. Beautiful grounds. He has quite the orchid collection. It's not far from town on some rough roads.

Gran Jimenoa: very nice physical plant, good food, beautiful grounds, a real resort without a lot of resort amentities. Fairly quiet. Owners have been in Jarabacoa for generations. Kinda far down a beaten path to get to. Count your drinks and make sure your bill is correct in the restaurant. Most expensive place in town but very nice. A weekend retreat for well-heeled Dominicans.

Pinar Dorado: been around for years, close to downtown, practically within walking distance. OK facility, grounds are nice, big pool, good food in the restaurant, modestly priced. Currently owned by the Rancho Baiguate group, but I may have some upcoming news regarding a positive change in ownership.

Brisas del Jacque Dos: in the middle of downtown Jarabacoa, small but really nice rooms, inexpensive, few amentities but you can walk everywhere. Being downtown, it can be noisy.

Hope this helps.

Cobra:
Thank you:
It looks like Pinar Dorado and Gran Jimenoa are the quieter.
Is that correct?

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Cobra:
Thank you:
It looks like Pinar Dorado and Gran Jimenoa are the quieter.
Is that correct?

Lucille I have stayed at both and they are very quiet hotels. Around 11-12 at night it is extremely quiet. The only exception is when Pinar Dorado is holding an affair where the music will play till 2am.

Gran Jimenoa boasts rooms with a river view but beware there are only a handful of rooms with a beautiful view of the river. Each hotel you will need a car to get to and from the small town.

I really enjoyed the peace and quiet of both places. To be honest it is a toss up. I would give Pinar Dorado a big edge if you want to hang by the pool during the day.

Pool area at Pinar Dorado
8ximj8.jpg

25fhai1.jpg

River view from balcony at Gran Jimenoa
w04awm.jpg

While there do the Baiguate Waterfalls by horseback.

vec3ef.jpg

2vwzhmu.jpg

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Thank you guys....;)
I called Rancho Baiguate they are full until August 1, 2010
US phone number- 646-727-7783 ( I called via Magic Jack free of charge from Santiago lol...)

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Thank you guys....;)
US phone number- 646-727-7783 ( I called via Magic Jack free of charge from Santiago lol...)
Lucille, there is NO comparison between The JRC, GJ and Rancho Baiguate None. RB is kinda ecotour college kid. The others are actual resorts.

The folks who own RB also own The Pinar Dorado.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Thank you guys....;)

Did you try these?

Hotel Pinar Dorado
Jarabacoa - Dominican Republic
Phone: 809.574.2820

Gran Jimenoa
Jarabacoa ? La Vega - Dominican Republic
Phone: 1(809) 574-6304/4345

HOTEL PINAR DORADO - The Hotel Pinar Dorado is just minutes away from downtown Jarabacoa and our Adventure Center Rancho Baiguate. Whether you come to relax or want to spend a romantic time with your spouse or stay over during your Adventure Tours, P

HOTEL GRAN JIMENOA

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Lucille, there is NO comparison between The JRC, GJ and Rancho Baiguate None. RB is kinda ecotour college kid. The others are actual resorts.

The folks who own RB also own The Pinar Dorado.

ok. I was confused. thanks again.
Cobra:
Do you have JRC phone number ?

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Again, like the photos bigbird. Kinda makes me wanna go horseback riding. Time to put that Black Cowboy hat to use. lol
Sorry dude, you got the wrong dress code for this neck of the woods. Just so happened my weekend at Pinar Dorado they had a horse show. I don't remember the breed of the horses but I do know those horses eat better than I do. It was a spectacular event to see. Everything was held on the grounds of Pinar Dorado.

2h7e934.jpg

152glcp.jpg

25fq3k8.jpg

(lucille make a reservation and go. jarabacoa is really, really nice.)