Boat House, Boca Chica

joebanks

Jul 30, 2010
The Boat House is a great place to hang out when you want to escape the chicas & beach vendors for awhile. They had a rib man there but he went back to the states, but they will have food delivered from the local restaurants for you. Lawrence, the owner is not the friendliest person in town but he runs a good ship.
See ya in August Lawrence :) :)
Joe Banks

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Clarence was doing his barbecue last week - I ate the ribs at the weekend - fookin' marvellous.
Has he gone again?? I did not know that.
Someone should confirm as I plan my comings and goings around his Island Barbecue ribs.

And actually Lawrence is one of the friendliest guys I know in the D.R.(For a Kiwi ;) )
Always ready to help out when I need something doing.
A great guy running the only decent place on the beach.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Clarence was doing his barbecue last week - I ate the ribs at the weekend - fookin' marvellous.
Someone should confirm as I plan my comings and goings around his Island Barbecue ribs.

And actually Lawrence is one of the friendliest guys I know in the D.R.(For a Kiwi ;) )

Clarence is there so anybody who wants ribs should go there!!!

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005

Lawrence is not a Kiwi!
Hint, look at the flags hanging above the bar.

tambo'

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Dutch and Kiwi...
the comment would not have made sense of a Dutch person - everyone already knows that they are all super-nice - without exception!!!

In fact - does anybody know any dodgy Dutch people????

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Not what we call them - but I cannot print that here.

Cheeseheads were strictly from Wisconsin when I was a boy.

I think the Dutch are now known as 'runners up'.
;)

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
I'm close....but I really have no clue......

Pedro you as a Limy should know that the Dutch are called cheese heads;)

Hi Frank.....It's more of a Wisconsin thing, (think Green Bay Packers......Football, NFL......ETC......ETC.......ETC PS there's some association with the Dutch and cheese, but it is more about the aforementioned.:glasses:

Jun 18, 2007
Hi Frank.....It's more of a Wisconsin thing, (think Green Bay Packers......Football, NFL......ETC......ETC.......ETC PS there's some association with the Dutch and cheese, but it is more about the aforementioned.:glasses:

The Dutch have been called cheese heads for many years. They were making cheese in Holland way before the Americas were "discovered".

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
Can you say Extra sharp Provolone?

The Dutch have been called cheese heads for many years. They were making cheese in Holland way before the Americas were "discovered".

Thanx for the history lesson Frank.....I think if you took an American survey....the cheeseheads of Wisconsin and NFL Football would win. If you took a Worldwide survey, your, version (Holland) would win. A cheesehead lesson..hahaha.....(you learn something new everyday)....(but I think we both can agree on one thing),and that is .....Lawrence is a good guy.:pirate:

Jun 18, 2007
Thanx for the history lesson Frank.....I think if you took an American survey....the cheeseheads of Wisconsin and NFL Football would win. If you took a Worldwide survey, your, version (Holland) would win. A cheesehead lesson..hahaha.....(you learn something new everyday)....(but I think we both can agree on one thing),and that is .....Lawrence is a good guy.:pirate:

Then again what do the Americans know about the world;)