Recommendation of Haitian Law Firm / Lawyer ?

kevadair

Nov 9, 2007
I've been contacted by an individual from the US who is certain that he has purchased land in Haiti. I don't think you can be certain of any land deal in Haiti. (The DR is complicated enough.)

Still, I would like to suggest for him a quality Haitian lawyer to evaluate their purchase documents, see who really owns the property, etc.

So I was wondering, Licenciados Guzman and Legal Forum participants, if there is any quality legal service in Haiti that is worthy of your recommendation.

Thanks,

Kevin Adair

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I've been contacted by an individual from the US who is certain that he has purchased land in Haiti. I don't think you can be certain of any land deal in Haiti. (The DR is complicated enough.)

Still, I would like to suggest for him a quality Haitian lawyer to evaluate their purchase documents, see who really owns the property, etc.

So I was wondering, Licenciados Guzman and Legal Forum participants, if there is any quality legal service in Haiti that is worthy of your recommendation.

Thanks,

Kevin Adair

Kevin- the govenment building containing all the land registries of Haiti was destroyed in the Quake--

kevadair

Nov 9, 2007
I know this is a Dominican forum, but obviously the two countries directly affect each other.

One would think someone in the DR would have trust worthy contacts in Haiti. Strange that this thread has released so much bickering and unrelated posts.

I'm based in the DR and working to help others where I can.

Mountainannie, that must make a difficult situation even worse. I'm still open to ideas.