President Fernandez and President Obama statements

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
President Barack Obama and President Leonel Fernandez spoke for seven minutes following their half an hour meeting at the White House today, 12 July 2010. From their words, the most important issue discussed could have been cooperation to combat drug trafficking.

President Obama was emphatical when he said that there had been "great cooperation" with the DR but that "more needs to be done." He said that Fernandez and himself had discussed how a better job could be done coordinating multinational movements, with a focus on both the supply side and the demand side of the equation.

President Fernandez concurred that one of the major concerns re US-DR relations has to do with drug trafficking and transnational crime and the violence these criminal activities have generated. "I think the Caribbean Basin Security Initiative is a right path forward and needs to move into a more collaborative environment with other Caribbean nations, Central America and Mexico," he said commenting on their closed doors conversations.

Interestingly, the Presidents, in the style of Dominican President Leonel Fernandez who has for months evaded journalists, refused to answer journalist questions from the floor. It had been announced that President Obama would "hold a joint press availability with President Fernandez in the Oval Office."

CNN/Time also observed the no questions decision by President Fernandez.
http://thepage.time.com/pool-report-obama-with-president-fernandez-july-12-2010/

See the joint statement to the press made by the Presidents at:

C-SPAN Video Player - Pres. Obama Meeting with Pres. Fernandez of the Dominican Republic

Last edited:

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
Business as usual.........

That's the PUBLIC SPIN........When they got back to the Oval Office.......The real conversation went something like this.....Comon bro...Ya gotta give my country some money.....I have to finish that @#$%^&* Metro!......Big pain in my ass.....Obama....Listen you IDIOT...You have more important issues to deal with...like 24/7 POWER IN YOUR COUNTRY....Do you know how embarrassing that is? I'ts 2010!!!...Don't you think your people at the bare minimum DESERVE THAT?....Here Mr. President calm down have some Brugal....Wow this is some good @#$% Obama....Hey Leonel I've always been curious and this is not a knock or a dig against your country....what's that? speak Mr President....The rumor has been for years that a Dominican invented crack ...is there any truth to that?....come on now, be honest....Leonel Yes Mr President, I can confirm that is true and we are very proud of this individual......He is retired in fact on a government pension..I see this man often. I have some right here if you want some....Obama Yeah baby! Now we're talking!....Here I have something that you may be interested in....Lindsay get in here!!! (She walks in wearing a skimpy thong bikini) Leonel Lindsay Lohan, OMG!!! I am so honored Obama I heard you kinda had a little crush on her...I don't miss much.....Well Lindsay, Leonel do what you gotta do..........I'll be back in 15....And please try not to make a mess, Michelle will kill me...(later) Leonel So what do you think? A little more stimulus..(Lindsay smiles and winks)...as in money........ You're printing around the clock anyway...you're giving it to every Tom, Dick and Harry who asks for it...why not me? Obama Listen stop your whining, I'll give you the money...just don't tell ANYONE!!!....I'll find a way to funnel it down there...Please work on your power issues...@#$% that stupid Metro...get your @#$% together...You make sure to hook me up when I come down there for a visit...and I WON'T be coming with Michelle, (wink, wink)...and I don't mean with a bowl of rice&beans....(couldn't resist) Leonel You got it Pres...(they shake hands and Leonel leaves) Leonel says to one of his boys "He thinks I'm an idiot...HEE HA!!!...Free money...nada better than that"......Gotta love the USA.........POWER....He thinks I'm interested in pleasing my PEOPLE? with a basic necessity called light It would cripple the candle industry You think I'm gonna let that happen......Not on my watch........ ...... HA! @#$% that...Power to the people only with a different meaning... Isn't that an old John Lennon song? @#$% him too...but sir he's dead...........whatever! ...Now I can finally finish that Metro............

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Except for the fact that Lindsey was in LA under stringent coercive measures before she starts here 90 days in jail...F U and she would say!!

Really, pretty funny stuff...

HB

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Except for the fact that Lindsey was in LA under stringent coercive measures before she starts here 90 days in jail...F U and she would say!!

Really, pretty funny stuff...

HB

Funny.... That's probably what whent on :)

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
<object width="650" height="382"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4su8_-w3KRQ&hl=en_US&fs=1?rel=0&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4su8_-w3KRQ&hl=en_US&fs=1?rel=0&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="650" height="382"></embed></object>

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
The long version...

<object width="650" height="382"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tmeSmmKlYCk&hl=en_US&fs=1?rel=0&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tmeSmmKlYCk&hl=en_US&fs=1?rel=0&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="650" height="382"></embed></object>