• Thread starter Gary & Christine
  • Start date

Diapers

G

Gary & Christine

We visited several "Supermercados" while staying in the DR and all of them carried diapers. Huggies, Drypers, Pampers and local brands. It should be no problem locating a source in your area.Have a GREAT TRIP>

M

Majo

I am going to stay in the Riu Taino in Punta Cana in one week. I would appreciate if somebody could tell me if there is a store nearby where I can buy diapers as I am travelling with a one year old baby, so as not to take them from home.

E

Ellen

Have no fear Majo, Dominican babies wear diapers too! They are available everywhere in this country.

E

Ellen

Since my little ones are not so little anymore I don't know the price of diapers. They are more expensive here, we often fly to Puerto Rico in our plane and a number of Dominicans ask us to bring back Pampers for them. I do know that you can not only buy diapers by the box here but singly as well.

V

Virginia

We stayed at Iberstar Bavaro in Punta Cana last year. They had a fairly well stocked mini-mart with esstentials like diapers. I would expect that your hotel will too. There wasn't a real town nearby though we did pass a store. The hotels are small towns in themselves and are quite well organized. (Ours even had its own ambulance!) More expensive of course. When my son was little I always brought a few days worth of diapers "just in case"

D

DR One

Just purchased a package of Huggies No. 4 for RD$127 about US$8. Expect to pay about 25-50% at a resort area store.