Why Can't I tenderize My Meat In Sosua?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I brought home some young veal but when I undressed and exposed this delicacy I noticed It was unormally thick.

I immediately looked for my tenderizing hammer and noticed it was no longer in my casa.

I went to the Playero and no such double sided meat tenderizing hammer was available so does any one know if they have them available at La Serina as I can't wait to enjoy home made veal picata and veal marsala..all i need is the hammer

Last edited by a moderator:

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Gotta love your after hours post!! :D (even though I'm drinking too)

It's a true story as I was able to purchase some fine meats lately but as we all know some cuts of meat need butchering ans some other cuts need to be tenderized either through the marinade process or the old fashioned method of beating your meat.

I would normally try and find a pic but if you don't know how to beat your meat by now well.....welcome to the DR!

Just kidding....first person that brings me the tenderizing hammer get's 2 veal cutlets.

VC....

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
Years ago when John Gotti the famous mobster was beating every court case that was being thrown at him........The DA finally thought they had him.............They had an eye witness in the courtroom during the trial to ID John Gotti.........and when it came time to ID him.......The DA points and says.........Is this the man you saw assault so and so .............The man looks at him and says.....I'm sorry.......I forgot what he looks like.........The next day .......The New York Post(or one of those rags) ran one of it's most famous headlines..........I FORGOTTI..............hahahahaha.................But yours is right up there.............Why can't I beat my meat in Sosua? That will get you some clicks..... just on curiosity alone.................Your a funny guy.......................

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Years ago when John Gotti the famous mobster was beating every court case that was being thrown at him........The DA finally thought they had him.............They had an eye witness in the courtroom during the trial to ID John Gotti.........and when it came time to ID him.......The DA points and says.........Is this the man you saw assault so and so .............The man looks at him and says.....I'm sorry.......I forgot what he looks like.........The next day .......The New York Post(or one of those rags) ran one of it's most famous headlines..........I FORGOTTI..............hahahahaha.................But yours is right up there.............Why can't I beat my meat in Sosua? That will get you some clicks..... just on curiosity alone.................Your a funny guy.......................

Billy Crystal Is a Funny Guy!

Me, I just want eat my veal without the melodrama!

My offer stands!

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
Actually you get a better grip on a Coke bottle and that Presidente bottle is still half full of beer. But OK I'll share. 1 cutlet each ;)

tru, we better stick with Coke.
we wouldn't want the policia to get him for
BWI-beating his meat while intoxicated :paranoid:

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I brought home some young veal but when I undressed and exposed this delicacy I noticed It was unormally thick.

I immediately looked for my tenderizing hammer and noticed it was no longer in my casa.

I went to the Playero and no such double sided meat tenderizing hammer was available so does any one know if they have them available at La Serina as I can't wait to enjoy home made veal picata and veal marsala..all i need is the hammer

Just buy a hammer @ the ferreteria, come on Mike, I thought you figured out how to handle your loins by now in Sosua without being asked for a regalo.;)

Reactions: Lucille and Keith R

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
For two veal cutlets you can borrow mine. If not a heavy small skillet will do the trick as well.

Bob K

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
The coke bottle and frying pan are okay but the hammer with the indentations actually tenderize the veal kind of like how a minute steak looks and that's the hammer I had and am looking for.

It has a black non stick coating for easy clean up.

I don't know if I bought it here or in Costa Rica and was wondering if anyone knows where they sell them on the North coast if at all

Reactions: Lucille
Status
Not open for further replies.