DR government not that bad after all!

Feb 7, 2007
I think that the DR government is not that bad after all! The nepotism Nuria reveals so often is probably nothing. The corruption is probably just what is normal in developed countries. And government workers working only limited hours (or none) while getting paid is really not something we should complain about - it is becoming the world norm.

NO, I DIDN'T GO NUTS and mushrooms I have seen last time in packaged Knorr Creamy mushroom soup.

The French are leading the way

French civil servant lifts lid on five-hours-a-week culture - Telegraph

After reading this, I really think the DR government is not that bad after all!

Reactions: Bronxboy

Mariot

Oct 13, 2009
well, the french have a very sophisticated system that ensures that certain people stay on top of the food chain, and the 'top administrative schools' as well as the public service sector are part of it, so this is no wonder.

i used to tell my dominican friends that the only difference was, that first world politicians have to hide their corruption and the nepotism better, but they never believed me.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002

I guess if you're one of those with a government job doing about 5 hours worth of work a week life would be pretty sweet. It's still way ahead of The DR where people who have a "Botella" don't even have to show up to work. All they have to do is collect their payment and now that they pay electronically there's not even a need to drive to the place to pick up your check.

Examples:
- A distant cousin of mine (and most of his immediate family) "worked" for customs...In Cotui. He got paid I believe 18k a month to sit at home. He got this when Leonel won the first time.
- A very small Policlinica (public clinic for basic services) in a little town where my sister did some of her residence had a "gardener". The place had no garden, but there was a guy collecting 10k a month

...and so on...