Los 27 Charcos/27 waterfalls (video)

jerseygirl22

Jan 6, 2009
Hello everyone!
This video is of the 27 charcos in Puerto Plata. I went there in a class trip with my college and since i bought a new waterproof camera i couldn't resist making this video. My sister and i had a blast, but it was very physical demanding and not for the faint hearted. Heres my video of the trip!
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rqzzf0-Wf68&hl=en_US&fs=1?rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rqzzf0-Wf68&hl=en_US&fs=1?rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Reactions: Keith R

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Hello everyone!
This video is of the 27 charcos in Puerto Plata. I went there in a class trip with my college and since i bought a new waterproof camera i couldn't resist making this video. My sister and i had a blast, but it was very physical demanding and not for the faint hearted. Heres my video of the trip!
Wow, that is one great video. Glad you had a blast. I can take this place off of my to do list for reason highlighted above. ;)

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I looked at your video several times and it is nice. Did you do all 27 falls? If so, were these the most challenging?

jerseygirl22

Jan 6, 2009
Wow, that is one great video. Glad you had a blast. I can take this place off of my to do list for reason highlighted above. ;)
Thank you! yeah there were some really high places and the hike itself was pretty dangerous, its definitely not suited for everyone.

great footage! what kind of cam?

I def. want to try this tour :)
The camera used was a Lumix ts1, and i have nothing but great things to say about it. Its waterproof up to 10 feet (more than enough), shock proof up to 5 feet with 12 mega pixels of resolution and shoots videos in HD. Theres a ts2 out on the market right now but the only real upgrade is the capabilities to go 30 feet underwater.
panasonic-lumix-dmc-ts1-1.jpg

Plus it looks like a normal digital camera
I looked at your video several times and it is nice. Did you do all 27 falls? If so, were these the most challenging?
I did do all 27, the only difference was that we were a large group of students, so we hiked the mountain to get to the top instead of going through the waterfalls to get to the top (which i hear is more challenging). Since we hiked to the top we went through them backwards from 27 to 1. Personally i would have to say that the last ones from 8 to 2 were tougher since they were higher and there were walls around you so there wasn't much room to jump. The hike was a bit challenging and i'm only 18, but there was an older lady in our group (48) that did just fine. The key is to listen to everything the guide says, they are very helpful!

susan77

Jan 19, 2008
What a fantastic video, Jerseygirl!! Now I'm going to have to visit Puerto Plata to visit these falls!