Trujillo, mi padre by Angelita Trujillo

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
There was thread that was started by NALs named "Trujillo, mi padre" in the polls section that was closed a few months ago. The thread dealt with the book by Angelita Trujillo, daughter of the dictator Trujillo.

There was a lot of good info expressed by members in that thread, but it seems an important piece of information was not mentioned. There is a law still in the books that deals with the whitewash that Angelita's book is about.

Its the law 5880-62, which states:
Toda persona que alabe o exalte a los Trujillo o su r?gimen tir?nico en alta voz, o por medio de gritos, discursos, escritos p?blicos o epistolares, dibujos, impresos, grabados, pinturas o emblemas se considerar? y juzgar? como autor de delito contra la paz y la seguridad p?blicas y ser? castigada con prisi?n de diez d?as a un a?o o multa de diez a quinientos pesos oro o con ambas penas a la vez.’

Every person who praises or exalts the trujillo's or his tyrannical regime in a loud voice, or through shouts, speeches, public writings, epistolary, drawings, engravings, paintings or emblems will be considered and judged as author of a crime against peace and public security punishable by a prison term of ten days to one year, or fines of ten to five hundred pesos or both penalties simultaneously.

In the new constitution there are articles that clearly grant freedom of speech. If the law 5880-62 were to be tested it might end up being unconstitutional, but that should not diminish the horrors perpetrated by the Trujillo regime.

Last edited:

ElRubio

Jul 9, 2010
trujillistas don't support trujillo because they want to kill haitians or anything, what they want is a strong hand to fix this country's problems. if we are allowed to show support for balaguer why cant we show support for trujillo?

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I thought that law was annulled by Balaguer?

In either case, if you want for me to open the thread in the poll section to continue the debate over there, let me know. I originally closed it to calm down the usual bickering that emerges on DR1.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
There was thread that was started by NALs named "Trujillo, mi padre" in the polls section that was closed a few months ago. The thread dealt with the book by Angelita Trujillo, daughter of the dictator Trujillo.

There was a lot of good info expressed by members in that thread, but it seems an important piece of information was not mentioned. There is a law still in the books that deals with the whitewash that Angelita's book is about.

Its the law 5880-62, which states:

In the new constitution there are articles that clearly grant freedom of speech. If the law 5880-62 were to be tested it might end up being unconstitutional, but that should not diminish the horrors perpetrated by the Trujillo regime.

Danm, I didn't know that!! next time I go back to DR I'll take care about this, I don't wanna go to jail.
I'll send an Email to my friends " Los Trujillista" in DR ...

Thanks

JJ

JFD

Feb 10, 2010
Angelita got sued, "difamaci?n", she will be required to declare by courthouse soon. Let's see if she will come.

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
I believe all that needs to be said about this has been said. It is now a proven fact that Trujillo was a far better leader than any post Trujillo presidents. Balaguer, Hipolito and Leonel are responsible for Trujillo's revival. Their inept leadership has been bared. Notice that the key evils of our last 5 decades were non-existent during Trujillo; lack of electricity and water, enviromental extinction of flora and fauna, national and foreign debt, currency devaluation, inflation, unemployment, and on and on. About the only thing people decry Trujillo for is autoritarism, persecution of his enemies and isolated crimes against selected few people. But isn't this about the most authoritarian president we've ever had. Balaguer was an angel compared to Leonel, both a party dictator and a self-appointed messiah. Talk about Trujillo's self-adoration with statues. But what about Leonel's giant "I Am your destiny" posters all over the DR? Isnt his police and army the most corrupt ever? Trujillo never had to fire 5000 cops for corruption. Yet more corrupt cops are still in the police than have been fired. Police Chief Guzman Fermin has to his credit over 4000 people executed. I hardly drive at night today. I used to party and go out almost every night during Trujillo. No fear for crime or even having to face the state of lawlessness in our towns and cities. The most minimal argument in the streets could mean the end of your life. Ex-pats, tourists are killed everyday by thieves. No one dared touch a Trujillo tourist or foreign visitor. And don't tell me this is a sign of the times or that it is happening everywhere. We have dictatorships today that don't seem to bother anybody. Hugo Chavez, Raul Castro, Ammadinejah, Ortega, Putin, Khadafy, just to name a few are viewed today by many Dominicans with respect and admiration. Why the double standard? Among these we have a man who has ordered political poisonings abroad, another one who ordered 200 deaths over Lockherbie, another one who violated his own daughter, another one who executed thousands with his "paredon", not to mention the Iranian murderer and terrorist. Lets just forget about Angelita and Trujillo. We have enough evil in our own backyard and abroad to keep us worried.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Lets just forget about Angelita and Trujillo. We have enough evil in our own backyard and abroad to keep us worried.
Usted tiene que entender que las cosas que uno aprende no son f?ciles de olvidar, mas cuando existen organizaciones con el prop?sito de mantener vivo ciertos aspectos de nuestra historia:

Fundaci?n Trujillo

Jan 3, 2003
Usted tiene que entender que las cosas que uno aprende no son f?ciles de olvidar, mas cuando existen organizaciones con el prop?sito de mantener vivo ciertos aspectos de nuestra historia:

Fundaci?n Trujillo

HAHAHA, I love you Nals. Now, I can read about the greatest Dominican ever.

VIVA TRUJILLO!!!

Only if someone could bring back the order and discipline which was plainly evident during Trujillo's reign.

VIVA TRUJILLO!!!

I have faith and will put all my efforts and resources behind this. We need order and discipline to once again reign immortal in the DR.

Thank you NALS 1 million percent!