Anyone golf in the South?

Bklynny

Jan 29, 2009
mrsmangu.com
My husband and I are returning to the DR first week of September (Sept 3-10). At this point we are deciding on Las Terrenas/Cabrera area or the La Romana area for this particular trip.

My husband wants to golf all week. Does anyone golf down near La Romana (Casa de Campo or any of the other courses) that he might pair up with? I don't know much about the courses at all. If we decide on going down South he definitely wants to play Casa de Campo at least one day, but would be open to golfing anywhere else as well.

Colleen

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
there are at least 4 courses at Casa de Campo including Teeth of the Dog, Links, Dye Fore, and a new one on the river.
And then there is La Estancia, another course by, I think, P D Dye....gorgeous place.

That's 5 courses...all good to super great.

When in La Romana go to Dom Ham, it is behind the Clinica Dr. Canela in town...Everyone knows it...ask for Carlito and tell him HB sent you!!

HB

Bklynny

Jan 29, 2009
mrsmangu.com
Golf

Thanks Hillbilly. I will tell him.

Any idea of the fees for any of those courses? I know Casa de Campo is expensive but he's always wanted to golf there at least once - not sure which course(s) though. I've looked on the internet for greens fees/cart rates for other courses in the area but can't find too much info. I'm sure there's a "tourist" rate and a local rate so of course he'd love to be able to golf with someone down there if it saves a few dollars as well.

By the way, I just realized I posted my question twice - sorry about that. I don't know how to delete the second one.

Colleen

Syork

Sep 5, 2004
Golf at La Estancia

Green fees for twilight time(after 2 PM) are only $35 US at La Estancia- great course and great value!

Casa de Campo fees are higher- probably around $90 this summer but worth it, especially on Teeth of the Dog or Dye Fore.

Enjoy!
Rick