Marriage and automatic citizenshjip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Marriage and citizenship. If a man got married to his wife, they alreay have child together and tha father is the registered father with all oficial documentatiom, would this automatically give him permission to live work and vote in this country?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Marriage and citizenship. If a man got married to his wife, they alreay have child together and tha father is the registered father with all oficial documentatiom, would this automatically give him permission to live work and vote in this country?

NO!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a mind reader but it might help others if you were a little more specific

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
1 residency - no need for marriage but you can apply for residency and cedula. Around 1000 US$ you can live legally and work legally.

2. Citizenship. If you have been married for 6 months you can apply for citizen ship. Costs a lot more (I was quoted 300,000 RD$!!!) and you get a dominican passport (wow!!), you can vote, and stand for election for all posts apart from president. But you will lose your rights to help from British embassy (you are british?) as with dual citizenship the country you are residing in takes precidence (sp!!)

Matilda

Reactions: Tamborista

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
No need to be a mind reader Anna, you might want to look into your mind and attempt to understand what I'm asking.
Dom Woman marries Brit man, wait for visa and off they go into a new world they have probably forgotten over the years. Dom woman want to move to US UK Canada whatever this the usual story and happens if not a weekly occasion then monthly.
So for the kindergarden group, if I married Domminican woman would I get ny cedual, residency whatever without so much arsing around with loads of papers checkpoints finances and so on.

I hope you can work that one out Anna, or I'll just give up and save my finger energy and lack of tollerance for a few hours.

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
the answer is no. you have to go thru all the regular crap to get your residencia and cedula. THEN after you have your permanent residencia you can apply for citizenship.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
So for the kindergarden group, if I married Domminican woman would I get ny cedual, residency whatever without so much arsing around with loads of papers checkpoints finances and so on.

The answer is still NO and Matilda gave you the correct answer. Yes you must do some of ARSING around whatever that is.

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
Don't you love it AnnaC when they ask for free advice and info and then insult you when you offer it!!!!! **** and they wonder why some long term posters get fed up.......

romeola

Jul 24, 2010

:surprised, I recommend you to get marry with her if you really love her, be happy and try to have a good time.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004

Never, never , never marry your wife ... if you can help it.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Don't you love it AnnaC when they ask for free advice and info and then insult you when you offer it!!!!! **** and they wonder why some long term posters get fed up.......

There is a way to answer a question. I felt my question was quite specific and easy to read into, if I picked up the wrong tone Anna used then I apologise.
And don't you just love it when a poster with less than a couple of hundred posts behind them claim to be long term posters, jajaja:cheeky:
Some really do crack me up on this board!:glasses:

Anyway, end of thread, I have my info from a legal eagle and so no need to guess what might be the case, all are individual cases as it goes and so none of you are correct if we are going to be read from the lines!!!!

Thanks for all the opinions on the matter, right or wrong.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
There is a way to answer a question. I felt my question was quite specific and easy to read into, if I picked up the wrong tone Anna used then I apologise.
And don't you just love it when a poster with less than a couple of hundred posts behind them claim to be long term posters, jajaja:cheeky:
Some really do crack me up on this board!:glasses:

Anyway, end of thread, I have my info from a legal eagle and so no need to guess what might be the case, all are individual cases as it goes and so none of you are correct if we are going to be read from the lines!!!!

Thanks for all the opinions on the matter, right or wrong.

Pray tell amigo! if you have some accurate info on this topic, it should be shared.

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
Did you get a DNA test to confirm you are the father?
You did well, I have been supporting and living with a women I thought loved me, we had a child together (or so I thought) , I found out this week that she has had a Dominican other for the entire two years, along with the child I have been supporting all this time and living with, probaly not mine after all.

I don't talk about it as I should know better after all the years I've invested in the Republic and money I've invested in tryinf to make this family work.

I feel a bit stupid, infact alot stupid.

I've flown back to the UK to try to deal with this. I'm the registered father and think my life can only get more complicated.

Been there, done it, and still fell for it like a novice. 7 years experience I should know better!!!!

Well done!!
http://www.dr1.com/forums/general-s...pregnant-now-she-has-turned-really-nasty.html

Reactions: TOOBER_SDQ

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
Hey OP, I never said I was talking about me!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was referring to others. Like AnnaC - one of the longest posters on this board!

Dont be surprised next time you ask for help and no one is willing to give you the time of day!

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Anastacio - what was your screen name before Anastacio?

I try to think the best of people until they utterly convince me otherwise.

You are just a dream Gringo for the less salubrious Dominican element.

Get with it Dude or they will keep taking you for the fool that people are starting to think you are.
I mean all these problems can't be just bad luck right????

Life here can be very simple - if you want it that way.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
No, I am merely stating that there are ways of answering questions without deliberately putting a smarmy edge to it (it is no secret that myself and Anna have had a few run ins from time to time).
Malibrook, you appear yet again to be obsessed with my passed. Infact no I didn't bother getting the dna tests done, I have brought her up as my own and so finding out whether she was biologically mine or not would make no diference to the bond and love I have for her, so for me, it makes no difference, I'd do anything to be sure she has whatever it is I can give her to get her through life, like I'd expect most good fathers would. I am not one of these idiots that run around the country and similar countries making babies and shrugging it off and trying to forget about it, like the majority of expats in the republic.

Pedro, my handle has always been Anastacio, I see no reason to change it, it isn't as if I can't see through the smoke, tell who is playing 'lets make up a life and sell it to the people', and those who actually are living life in DR. I've never offended anyone and am quite happy to sit down and have a beer with anyone from this board, infact I have on occasion sat and had some nice afternoon chats with a lady from here before we both even knew we both used this board. So why would |i need another handle, I'm a grown man, not some spotty teenager playing silly games with cyber life.

So I'm not looking to argue, I asked a simple question and managed to get a load of sh1t, no big deal to me, I am content with a 50/50 acurate response rate, rough with the smooth as they say.

I've posted enough on here now to know I have to deal with the oddballs to find some answers to my quieries and those who know it all yet know nothing other than repeating what they read on some other forum or thread where the people are just as likel to know 50/50. In reality though this board need never exist as we can find everything out we want via other channels, it does though and it is a blessing for catching those simplistic quickies, but bothing said here is cast iron and definately not worth a wager on being the truth.

WE CAN CLOSE NOW, UNLESS YOU HAVE MORE TO ADD, OF WHICH I EXPECT SOMEONE WILL.

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
Infact no I didn't bother getting the dna tests done, I have brought her up as my own and so finding out whether she was biologically mine or not would make no diference to the bond and love I have for her, so for me, it makes no difference, I'd do anything to be sure she has whatever it is I can give her to get her through life, like I'd expect most good fathers would. I am not one of these idiots that run around the country and similar countries making babies and shrugging it off and trying to forget about it, like the majority of expats in the republic.
If you think that your story is perfectly normal and anybody who finds it interesting must be obsessed, you are nuts.

If you are okay with your "wife" having a Dominicano and possibly having his child, good for you.

I doubt that the majority of expats are travelling around the country wantonly spreading their genes.

Anastacio said:
Yes the DNA test is my first practical step, once I have this info then I can negotiate a better life for the child.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
It is absolutely normal for yanks to come over get some naive girl up the duff with promise of a life of luxury and then once reality hits, her body changes and reality becomes real, they bugger off. That is very comon.
As for my situation being normal, no it isn't but it isn't abnormal for a man to form a strong bond with a child he has brought up as his own for almost a year (ever heard of adoption?), at that point DNA doesn't make a difference in hell, and so at least I am standing up to the situationinfact I wouldn't change a thig even if I did find out she wasn't my biological child, 'd get over it in time and so beit it my baby or not isn't important now instead of doing the cowardly pack my bags and run as many on here advised (speaks volumes) I am cool with it and really don't need to know, it makes no odds at all. If there were more real men in the country then maybe the kids would stand a better chance at a better upbringing and future, many of the expats opinions on here are no better than the strett husslers they put down on a daily basis. Just because you have a couple of quid in your pocket does not make you any more of a man or any less of a coward.

I'm Done and bored with this, we will never agree on basic moral standings of life.

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
I'm Done and bored with this, we will never agree on basic moral standings of life.
I understand where you are coming from at this point.

My point is that if my wife was screwing around on me for years and making my life a living hell, I would need to see the DNA results before establishing such a bond with the child or continuing to have anything to do with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.