Ocean Blue Restaurant Dress Code

BubbaMcGillicutty

Jul 22, 2010
We're packing tomorrow to go to Ocean Blue. The a la carte restaurants say that they require a dress code. Can anyone specify what this means?

Feb 7, 2007
Route 66 - mostly anything works.
Il Mascheratti, La Casa de Mi Abuela, and Mexican - long pants. Closed shoes recommended but not enforced.
El bodegon - long pants and closed shoes.
Buffet - no wet swimwear, dry swimwear OK(lunch). Anything "dry" no swimwear on nights. You will want to do Buffet on Friday for great typical dominican food (chivo, roasted pork, dulce de coco, dulce de leche, habichuela con dulce, arroz con leche, etc.) On Saturdays also recommend buffet go eat great great GREAT imported churrasco accompannied by grilled zuccini. Make sure it's medium well and well seasoned... so mouth watering!

Feb 7, 2007
Get up early to get pool chairs. Go to the "Yellow" pool it's better. Pizzas are best at the beach restaurant. They have many premium drinks. You can get baileys at the beach restaurant bar, other bars have Barcelo Cream (Baileys remake). You can get Jack Daniels and Canadian Club. If you are on honeymoon or can spare couple of $$$ more upgrade to Elite Club. You will get room service 24/7 and some other premium drinks not included in basic. Jacuzzi for two. LCD TV. Also restaurant reservation priority. Premium bar and Internet at the Elite Club lounge.

It's easy walk between the beach and the restaurants and lobby. Lobby to Restaurants 1 minute, restaurants to beach about 5 minutes.

If you decide not to upgrade, and you want to be in the middle, ask for rooms in blocks 7 or 8 (left side) or 4 or 5 (right side). Blocks have 3 stories, ask for the ground floor, there are no elevators.

Also indicate one or two beds.

You can do all this by phoning reservations 809-476-2326 with your name and arrival date and they will put in a request. Rooms are assigned one day before arrival so they will see your preferences.

I love this hotel and you will not be disappointed.

JayC

Aug 2, 2010
I think that it was the best idea to bring that things. I was the issue that it could be needing to know some hotel and restaurant for the reservation. This might be the most important for it means.