Status
Not open for further replies.

las2137

Sep 1, 2008

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
[Mods- Wasn't sure where to put a NW DR post, so feel free to move to a more appropriate forum]

Lots of reports on the DR lately from the Christian Science Monitor . This one about Solidaridad Fronteriza is from Guayub?n, Monte Cristi.

Helping migrant workers prove who they are ? and avoid exploitation -- Christian Science Monitor

Not looking to start a debate about a much-rehashed subject on this site, just like to share reporting I see on the DR...

Thanks for posting, Las. I often skip the google news on the DR since it is usually about tourism or baseball or golf.

I am a little professionally jealous here - since the CSM did not even answer my query letter on basically the same subject two years ago!! And wowo all of a sudden the JESUIT organization is Rivas' "own"?

Guess we have to have the "haitian hero" story....

Shows what a boon a natural disaster is to journalism.

las2137

Sep 1, 2008
This is the 2nd CSM story to come out of the DR lately. The other I posted here: interesting model of sustainable business on the second page.

Yes, I also noticed the reference to "his" organization!

Good to see some press on the DR not related to tourism. Although, in both articles I noticed two glaring spelling errors/mistakes in Spanish names that a competent Spanish editor could have picked up. (Padre "Rehino Martinex"? Unless I'm crazy and was calling him the wrong name for almost two years, his name is Regino Martinez...)

Status
Not open for further replies.