Indian Business

surisworld

Aug 1, 2010
I had travelled to Cuba on Business but was informed that Dominican Republic was a better option to Invest in from Indian High Commission in Havana.
As I plan to visit DR in the Future, Can anyone guide me on the best options in investing in DR and what business can one start up in DR , and the minimum ammount on investment required for the purpose. Please note that I am from India.

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
A call center for tech support

Chiropractic care or other medical service

A TEMP service similar to Elance

Bryanell

Bronze
Aug 9, 2005
While not trying to stereotype or generalise...

One word -

Curry!
You gotta point there Pedro,
The capital and environs sadly lack a decent Indo-Pak restaurant probably because, that outside of a handful of expat Brits, the would-be proprietors would be hard pressed to attract enough regular customers to make it a paying proposition even if it were just a "Bombay Express" in the Food Court of one or more of the malls - you know what I mean, vindaloo-and-chips-to-go-with- Bollywood-music-videos kinda place.

I even discussed that idea with our own former Paki ambassador Oscar (Dringa), but we concluded that his "Noches Pakistan" weekly one-offs at Mi Taverna (also sadly missed) were about all the market could sustain. Now if we could only get Aftab interested........

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
I dont know. One would think a city of over 3 million could sustain a good indian restaurant...Keyword good!!! not a Dominican chef Bombay style, true good indian curries and breads etc.

Dont think for a moment its only Brits who have caught on to the Indian food craze. Back in Canada the good ones were always packed and enjoyed by all.
Yes the traditional DR palate is not spicy food but i know many who like it and ones they experience good curries they will adapt.