To wait or not to wait

Pierre47

Nov 14, 2002
Hi,

Looking at airfaires from Ottawa to Sosua for mid January. Today's price is $321.00 tax in for one way (Westjet). Went often to the North but always in a AI, so not sure how much I should be paying.

Thanks

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Hi,

Looking at airfaires from Ottawa to Sosua for mid January. Today's price is $321.00 tax in for one way (Westjet). Went often to the North but always in a AI, so not sure how much I should be paying.

Thanks

I would jump at that...its a great price for that time of year, and Westjet offers great service. In my experience, their sale prices dont last long.

snoozer

Jan 22, 2004
I just booked my December 5 to Jan 11 trip on Westjet for $850 inc tax, this is from Calgary to POP. The same trip for late August cost me $1100. Makes no sense to me.

Shiraz72

Bronze
Feb 10, 2010
Have you considered charters?

Hi, I'm from O town myself and that seems like a fair price but also check out chartered flights through Air Canada Jazz and Canjet for that time of year. I found good rates online through redtag.ca and itravel2000.com with both of these charters... earlier this year before gotravelsouth went bankrupt, I got an all inclusive package to POP in a 4 star resort airfare included etc... for $350 (around $600 after taxes).... they used zoom airlines, sky service and flare air. I'm flying down next week on Air Canada (leaving friday the 13th :paranoid:) and I'm paying $729 round trip after taxes... no charters were offered at this time :ermm: Good luck! Shiraz...

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
I for one avoid charters like the plague. Being 6" tall, I prefer not to be a sardine for the duration of the flight...and Westjet has adequate legroom.

More importantly, they offer a generous baggage allowance being 2 pieces of checked baggage at 50lbs each and 2 carry-ons , 20 lbs each.

I always book my seat ahead of time and this way avoid long line ups at the airport...do the online check-in 24hrs in advance, arrive to the airport no more than 90mins before the flight and just drop your luggage off...therefore avoid line ups.

I dont like being told how much luggage to bring and then being ripped off if I am 1lb over, as the charters are ntotoriously known for.

Westjet also offer more flexible scheules, particularly in the winter (not sure out of Ottawa), but imagine they have several flights a week so odd-duration travel is an option...not for them to tell me to go for 7 or 14 days....not my style!

Pierre47

Nov 14, 2002
Thank you all for your reply's

I Will be having supper and a fria on Pedro Clisente Jan 18th :)))