Good Place for Breakfast in Juan Dolio

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
Hello,

I will spend some days in Juan Dolio and would like some recommendations for a good breakfast place.

Thanks

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Depends where you are in Juan Dolio.

Villas del Mar: Guilias cafe - full breakfasts, pancakes, italian coffee. Open from 7.30. Opposite Marbella apartments (still under construction) on main Boulevard.

Old Juan Dolio - Popeyes. Croissants, ham and eggs. On the beach

Guayacanes: el pescador - full range of breakfasts, open at 8 I think.

Matilda

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
awesome info! i am planning a trip to Juan Dolio in the near future.
what are the price ranges of hotels in the area? i am only familiar with the Costa Caribe and the Barcelo Talanquero, if anyone has any other info on hotels that are not AI please post! :)

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Non AI - there are 2 aparthotels in Villas de Mar - Plaza Real and Albatros. There have been threads on both of those. They are small apartments - but within a hotel type complex. Also you may want to consider hotel esmerelda which is also non AI in Guayacanes next to Juan Dolio - a boutique hotel, only 50 rooms I think but is very nice. Again there is info on that in the forums.

matilda

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
thanks Matilda, i will see what i can find on the web about these places you mention.
I think i have seen the Albatros on a website before but not the others. I will look, gracias! :)

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
http://www.dr1.com/forums/south-coast/102748-hotel-esmerelda.html

that is the link to esmerelda - no idea if has a web site. It does room only or meal plans or all inclusive.

Plaza real is on all sorts of web sites - trip advisor and the like.

Albatros also has a website but not of its own - if you google Albatros club resort, Juan Dolio it comes up.

let me know if you have specific questions

matilda

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
thanks Matilda! i just looked at all the hotels you mentioned online, i think Albatross looks the nicest....i'll see.
are all these resorts along the beach? easy to find?
i drive around and know where Costa Caribe is, are they all on this same street?

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Not sure if albatros is the nicest!!!

Albatros on the beach far end of villas del mar - san pedro end. Advantages on beach - rocky no sea entrance, animation in season (is that an advantage?), nice pool and bar. two restaurants near. Nice studios with beach view and kitchenettes. Disadvantages, management only speaks italian, one bed units old, cannot enter sea, right at far end of boulevard. Not guest friendly

Plaza real: in middle of villas del mar, wide choice of units, 2 restaurants/bars next door, laundry service, wifi, nice pool. Bit noisy as construction opposite, bit old and tired, fab beach on other side of road. guest friendly??

Esmerelda. Not in Juan dolio but next village, nice beach, nice rooms, good food but not in main drag.

all on same street as cc, but have to go back on to main highway for esmerelda as road ends and other two in villas del mar end of road.

For map look at | Juan Dolio Living and all are on that map

Mat