Flights to Havana, Cuba

jrennard3

Jun 30, 2010
Good afternoon!!

We are moving to the DR soon and will need to make somewhat frequent trips in and out of Havana, Cuba. We are US Citizens but have US Office of Foreign Asset Control license to travel to Cuba unrestricted. However, we are not able to book flights to Cuba from the US except through a charter company in Miami.

Are there any travel agents that you may recommend that may be able to help us with our booking of flights in the DR to Cuba? It'll be much easier to fly out of Santo Domingo than having to fly back to the States, then on to Havana.

Thanks for your advice!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Emely Tours in Santo Domingo is the expert. EMELY TOURS

Cubana de Aviaci?n also has an office in SD. The only other option is Copa via Panama.

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
Cubana has nonstop flights between Havana and Santo Domingo. Not daily but at least two a week.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
I think it is every thursday and sunday. At that is how it was about a year ago.

E

engineerfg

last time i tried the flight, you had to buy the 'visa' with your travel agent don't forget that, otherwise problema. for other extranarios, you also need to show that you have travel insurance when you land for hte duration of your stay, otherwise they tax you with their local 'travel insurance'.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
last time i tried the flight, you had to buy the 'visa' with your travel agent don't forget that, otherwise problema. for other extranarios, you also need to show that you have travel insurance when you land for hte duration of your stay, otherwise they tax you with their local 'travel insurance'.

I went to Cuba about a year ago. Unless Emily Tours included it in some way, unbeknownst by me, nothing was said about travel insurance.