Travel Agent

DipreSantana

Nov 29, 2009
Where can I find a cheap travel agent in Santiago, I need a one way flight to Newark International, I also need to be able to pay in cash.

Thanks in Advanced.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Cheap and travel agent? Oxymoron.

They all get a commission for ticket sales. That is why you get such good prices on-line!!

Rosedy Tours almost across the street from the entrance to the Police headquarters in Santiago, on Bartolom? Colon...it's on the corner of the little street that comes out there..

But Spirit or Jet Blue or Continental are your choices methinks..

HB

May 29, 2006
If your schedule is open, you can try to show up at the airport and see if you can get a ticket. I got a great price in POP doing that, but it was in 2000 and I don't know if the single traveler, paying cash, is still an option. My understanding is people who work for the airlines get a certain number of "guest passes" that they can give to friends or relatives and they sometimes sell them to walk-ins for whatever price they can get. I had to wait and see if someone else showed up for the flight so I was on stand-by. I think my fair back then was about $150 for POP/NWK one way.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
If your schedule is open, you can try to show up at the airport and see if you can get a ticket. I got a great price in POP doing that, but it was in 2000 and I don't know if the single traveler, paying cash, is still an option.

Did they have Jetway's at POP 10 years ago?

CO and American both have the option of buying the ticket online and paying at Western Union in CASH.
http://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/westernunion.jsp

Last edited:

DipreSantana

Nov 29, 2009
Thanks, It's just that I have no way to transfer money from my Banco Popular account to my USAA account, Banco Popular is trying to charge me 55 dollars per transaction, so I can't buy them online.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Thanks, It's just that I have no way to transfer money from my Banco Popular account to my USAA account, Banco Popular is trying to charge me 55 dollars per transaction, so I can't buy them online.

I gave you away to buy them with CASH with an $11.95 service charge through WU! Reserve the ticket online with CO or AA, check off the appropriate payment option, go to WU with CASH, they send the CASH to your airline referencing your ticket, and I assume you are good to go with an eticket, it really can't get any simpler than than that!

tambo'

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Where can I find a cheap travel agent in Santiago, I need a one way flight to Newark International, I also need to be able to pay in cash.

Thanks in Advanced.
If you intend to fly out of STI Continental Airlines no longer has flights to/from STI.

DipreSantana

Nov 29, 2009
Here's what I found out.
Travel findings.

So, you go in there, throw in your flight details, and it finds you the cheapest possible flight, it works, I got 80 dollars off SDQ to JFK, you get the flight info and take it to your travel agent. It's that simple.