Anyone gone to Rancho Guaraguao recently?

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
I went to Rancho Guaraguao about four years ago with my girlfriend, and I was thinking of going again in September.

Has anyone been there recently? I've been told that it's deteriorated, and it's not the nice place it used to be.

Is this true?

Are there any other places like Rancho Guaraguao in Constanza, or maybe Jarabacoa? Or it could be anywhere within a 2-hr drive from Santiago...

Thanks.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Try Alto Cerro Villas, Hotel & Camping, 809-530-6192. The road is across the street from the airport.

Nice place, super clean, good food, nice mini-mart, nice folks.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Isn't Altocerro the one with the bungalows where most of them are occupied by the workers who continiously fix the road towards Constanza?
Yes. Nice place. Well laid out and engineered.

Alto Cerro is a MotoCaribe lunch stop.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Alto Cerro has been housing crews for Norberto Odebrecht, the Brazilian company involved with the dam and road projects in the area. PJT does not know how many rooms they have available to the public at this time. About three years ago PJT tried renting a room there and all had been contracted out to the crews. It is best one should call ahead, Constanza; Phone: 809/539-1553; 809/530-6192 reservations only; Fax: 809/530-6193

Most of the rooms are spacious and come with in room cooking facilities and a balcony view overlooking the valley.

Regards,
PJT

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Alto Cerro has been housing crews for Norberto Odebrecht, the Brazilian company involved with the dam and road projects in the area. PJT does not know how many rooms they have available to the public at this time. About three years ago PJT tried renting a room there and all had been contracted out to the crews. It is best one should call ahead, Constanza; Phone: 809/539-1553; 809/530-6192 reservations only; Fax: 809/530-6193

Most of the rooms are spacious and come with in room cooking facilities and a balcony view overlooking the valley.

Regards,
PJT

I stayed their about 6 months ago. Lots of rooms available.
Nice spot, clean rooms, general a really nice place.

If you want to book a room, either go via dr1travel or contact
Miriam Matias, she's in charge of sales and reservations.
She speaks and writes very good English.

mariam@altocerro.com