Trip to Jarabacoa River Club & Resort

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
First I want to thank God for giving me the opportunity to travel and see new things every day, also to all dr1 members who have been so helpful to me.
I went with my nephew Jason, who visited Dom. Rep for the first time and he enjoyed it very much . We enter the resort and met the receptionist Marisol at the front desk, who was great and provided tremendous customer service to us during our stay at the resort. The rooms we stayed at were clean, modern, and relaxing, with a beautiful mountain view from the balcony. Marisol introduced us to one of the housekeepers name Mary; who was extremely attentive and offered extra towels to us with a nice smile.
We explored around the resort, eating at the restaurant called " El Bamboo" which serves delicious tropical food and drinks. JRC offer many games and entertainment such as Billiards, Domino, playground, river etc... There is entertainment for everyone at all ages. The music was really good playing different types of music from merengue,Pop, bachata, hip-hop, and more.
The River Club has six natural pools ( where the water comes from El Mogote mountain via pipes) located within the beautiful River "Yaque del Norte" , surround it by many big rocks and stones.
There is a wooden and cable bridge to cross the river from one side to the other .
The service in general was excellent and I highly recommended.
We visited Jamaca de Dios's Restaurant located at the very top of the mountain, with an amazing view of the valley.
The Confluenzia is where the Jimenoa river and Yaque Del Norte combine into one river.
We enjoyed the rafting canoying adventure trip and the horse riding as well.
Jarabacoa is a fantastic, special place to go away due to its fresh climate, warm and humble people and it's beautiful nature.
Stay tune for the pictures..lol..lol...;)

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Sounds like you had a great time. Jarabacoa is a really nice place to visit. I am waiting for the pics. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I don't recall a web link in your other thread. Do you have one?

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Sounds like you had a great time. Jarabacoa is a really nice place to visit. I am waiting for the pics. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I don't recall a web link in your other thread. Do you have one?

bb: Thank you for your motivation....:laugh:

I need some help uploading the pictures, because they are too big and I don't know how to make them smaller.....lol...

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Lucille!!!!:laugh:

Glad you and Jason had a nice time in Jarabacoa! It's beautiful here!

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Lucille!!!!:laugh:

Glad you and Jason had a nice time in Jarabacoa! It's beautiful here!

Thank you....
YES...IT IS.... I already miss your beautiful city and people.....lol...
Thank you....Very nice meeting you and your wife...
The food from El Buen Sabor Restaurant was great....

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Spent a few days at Jarabacoa River Club. I would rate the resort 4* but sadly to say the food only gets a 1*. Overall Jarabacoa River Club is really nice especially if you are bringing children. I stayed during semana santa and was forced to get the room with breakfast and dinner included. If I were ever to return I would just pay for the room with breakfast. Kind of hard to ruin a pot of coffee and OJ. For the room rate I paid I honestly don't think it was worth it.

Jarabacoa River Club - Hotel Jarabacoa Rep?blica Dominicana (don't be deceived by the beautiful food pics on the website)

I guess I am more in favor of Pinar Dorado which is much closer to town, walking distance. Pinar Dorado is no where near the size of Jarabacoa River Club but the price is reasonable.

Gran Jimenoa is also a nice hotel in Jarabacoa but I don't like the layout of the place.

A couple of pics of Jarabacoa River Club.

117ftw1.jpg

4lis6h.jpg

4ieb6q.jpg

sdplko.jpg

Jarabacoa River Club - Hotel Jarabacoa Rep?blica Dominicana

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
bb: I agree with you about the food it is not worthy for the money. It is pricey.
I only care for the breakfast...
We ate delicious in some other places that thanks to Cobra and wife directed us.