Certificate Of Origin

Wanna

Feb 1, 2006
I want to send a 2005 pre-owned Chrysler 300C vehicle that I brought in New York to the Dominican Republic. I having a really tough time getting the CO. Can anyone point me in the right direction towards obtaining this crucial document for ADUNAS CAFTA AGREEMENT.

Last edited:

mikol

Jul 1, 2010
I had the same issue, and I had the letter mailed to me from Chrysler itself. I called the dealer and they referred me to a customer service number that took my information and VIN and mailed me the required documents. Call up the dealer and ask them that you want a certificate of origin.

Jan 9, 2004
Certificate of Origin..

I want to send a 2005 pre-owned Chrysler 300C vehicle that I brought in New York to the Dominican Republic. I having a really tough time getting the CO. Can anyone point me in the right direction towards obtaining this crucial document for ADUNAS CAFTA AGREEMENT.

is the first document issued to a new motor vehicle. It is turned in for a title in the state where the automobile is first registered. Try the DMV there. You will not get the original, but may be able to obtain a copy. Also, Chrysler, by federal law, cannot issue a new one, but also may be able to send you a copy.

In order to obtain a copy, indeed even if they can/will give you one, you will need proof that you are the registered owner.

All that having been said, Aduana may or may not accept a copy.

One last point, first check the VIN to make sure your Chrysler was not made in Canada or Mexico, because if it was, you can forget about DR/Cafta and don't forget about the 5 year age rule (your getting close).

If the first number of your VIN is a 1 or 4, it was made in the USA. 2 is Canada and 3 is Mexico.

Good Luck.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2