british consulate in sto domingo

dalila05

Bronze
Aug 9, 2008
republicadominicana.bbactif.com
hi
i tried to book an appointment online for my mother in law but it look like they dont give any appointment anymore,we just need to send the papers over.
has anyone been there recently? im not sure !!
im trying to bring her to england for while so she can help me with our baby as im getting back to work.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Sorry can't help you with appointment side - but please do not say on the application that she is coming to help with the baby. They will construe that as she is coming to work for you and that is not allowed. And remember that she has to prove that she will come back here.

Matilda

dalila05

Bronze
Aug 9, 2008
thanks for your reply matilda but im not a british citizen but french,therefore my mother in law has the right to work and live in the uk as long im living and working there.
its called the EEA family member residency.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Your mother in law is Dominican I take it and isn't an EEA or Swiss national.

here's what is says,

Family members who are not EEA or Swiss nationals

If your family members (in this case meaning Dalila's mother in law) are not EEA or Swiss nationals and they are coming to live with you permanently or on a long-term basis, they will need to apply for an EEA family permit before coming to the UK. The EEA family permit is similar to a visa and is issued by visa services. Your family members should apply for an EEA family permit at their nearest British diplomatic post.

Take from UK Border Agency | Rights and responsibilities

Interested to know how she makes out with this. Let us know please.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I was basing my reply on a recent case of a British woman married to a Dominican man. They had a baby and applied for a visitors visa for his mother to come from the DR to stay with them for 3 months to help look after the baby while she returned to work. They were turned down. As anyone on a visitors visa of any type is not allowed to work. She was not applying for permanent residency. They were also turned down as she did not have any assets in the DR and hence they did not believe she would return here.

They appealed and in the end won the appeal and she went to Uk for a couple of months and returned.

matilda

dalila05

Bronze
Aug 9, 2008
Your mother in law is Dominican I take it and isn't an EEA or Swiss national.

here's what is says,

Family members who are not EEA or Swiss nationals

If your family members (in this case meaning Dalila's mother in law) are not EEA or Swiss nationals and they are coming to live with you permanently or on a long-term basis, they will need to apply for an EEA family permit before coming to the UK. The EEA family permit is similar to a visa and is issued by visa services. Your family members should apply for an EEA family permit at their nearest British diplomatic post.

Take from UK Border Agency | Rights and responsibilities

Interested to know how she makes out with this. Let us know please.

i will let you know as soon as we know if its going well for us.
she basically need to apply for a 6 month visa like my husband did 2 years ago.its free of charge and once she is in england she can apply for a 5 years residency.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
my mother in law visa was issued today.
so if anyone need information about visa for family member for EEA.
let me know,as it was quite easy to get.

Happy to hear this Dalila. Did she get a visitor visa or a residency visa?

Crytonb99

Jan 25, 2010
Hi! Can anyone give me the address and telephone number of the British Embassy in Santo Domingo. I would really appreciate it.