Police Certificates Santo Domingo

jean2006

Mar 11, 2006
Hi, just returned from trying to obtain a police certificate in Santo Domingo as directed on the Canadian website for spousal sponsorship. The address on the cic site is incorrect and we were directed elsewhere. When we arrived at that address we were directed to a bank for about a 4 hour wait then sent back to the second place to wait another hour.
We had taken the bus from Sosua that left at 530 am.. and returned back close to 1130 pm.. It was a nightmare.:ermm:

Reactions: jrhartley

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Thanks for the info. Could you please post both names and addresses here for others that might need it in the future.

Thanks

jean2006

Mar 11, 2006
I have contacted the Canadian government to tell them about the information on the website being incorrect but I don't know if it has been corrected yet. The address we were told to go to is:
Procuraduria General de la Republica Dominicana
Ave. Jimenez Moya esq. Juan Ventura Simon
Palacio de Justicia, Centro de los Heroes
Santo Domingo

We were told at the info centre there to go to a place on a street, I'm sorry, I can't remember the full name but it was something like "Maximo". I think a taxi driver would know. I'm not sure if it's a police station or just what, there are guards in front and line ups of people. (just down the street from Pizza Hut and McDonalds) First you should go to the bank and pay for the certificate, (the bank is also on the same street) then you go with the receipt to the building with all of the line ups and the guards in front. I'm so sorry, I should have written all of the info down at the time but didn't think to do it...way too flustered. Not much help but a heads up at least.

Cantaloulou

Feb 19, 2008
Correct the Procuraduria General de la Republica Dominicana office is not the one in the Centro de los Heroes but the office on Maximo Gomez Avenue is the same street as the American Embassy and steps away from the Mariott Courtyard hotel. Arrive early in order to get your document ASAP. By the way, this is also the place to get any notarized documents legalized...

stefanial

Sep 17, 2008
as per the thread about sponsership financial requirments there are no finiancial requirments for sponsering your spouse, not even for Quebec aswell.

Last edited:

HumbleHindu

Jan 14, 2010
Spanish name for the police certificate

Can anyone let me know how to call the police clearance certificate in spanish? Also is it possible to pay in Ban Reservas, La Vega for the certificate? Is the fees still 300 Pesos?

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
"certificado de buena conducta"

still 300 pesos.

have to pay at the bank they send you to

HumbleHindu

Jan 14, 2010
Alright, Thanks a lot.

I had applied for the one yesterday. I had paid in La Vega itself for the certificate (330 pesos). I went there very early still there was a long line of applicants. Since my cedula is not an year old, they told me that I had to wait for five days.They asked me again to come on 23/11/2010

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
To clarify....CIC website says:

Applications must be made in person at the office of the Prosecutor General in Santo Domingo.

Procuradur?a General de la Rep?blica Dominicana
Centro de Atenci?n al Ciudadano
Av. M?ximo G?mez #21, Esq. Bol?var
Santo Domingo, Rep. Dom.
Telephone: 809-533-3522 (ext. 3028)
E-mail: info@procuraduria.gov.do

How to obtain a police certificate - Dominican Republic

It does say payment can be made at any Ban Reservas, my apologies for the incorrect info in the earlier post.

Humble, Many others have gotten their certificate in their local area but the application does say that it is supposed to issued in Santo Domingo.